Why did pally reck get nerfed?

When did they promise no changes? I thought that was just a meme.

Right, so let me reiterate the key issue here. Reckoning is not functioning the way it functioned during 1.12. this is a proven fact shown by the video I linked earlier in this thread. Just wanted to clarify that because I see a lot of people arguing over whether or not what I had just proven to be true is actually true.

Fact.

Truthfully it’s not working, period. Reckoning ‘charges’ are falling off or seemingly failing to generate for a myriad of new, unknown reasons which leads me to believe new bugs were introduced into this mechanic when changing it.

Bigwillie, don’t even try to convince these people. I’ve seen you play and you’re a god tier pally fc. I wish I could play with players like you from retro or henhouse all day because it’s such a diff experience. People on classic think rogues can’t fc, either.

I truly despise people like you. Who cares if reckoning isn’t/wasn’t the meta? It was fun and what’s the point of playing a video game if you’re not having fun. But you seem to be a BlizzardDrone™ that loves being told how to play a game rather than having fun and playing your own way.

Also bad developer practices and QA testing have lead to a new surge of bugs in a 15 year old talent, and if you don’t see issues with that just based on principle then you’re far beyond saving.

5 Likes

Did you read the same blue post I did? The blue post clearly says that they fixed a bug and that the current (fixed) 1.13.3 version is now accurate to 1.12:

A secondary effect of these fixes were two notable changes to Reckoning:

1. Reckoning stacks are lost when you mount up.
  2. Reckoning stacks are lost when you initiate an auto-attack against a target and cancel it before it goes off.

However, both of these behaviors were correct behaviors in the 1.12 reference client and as such are considered bug fixes. Both of these issues have been added to the “Not A Bug” list.

Here’s the link to the blue post in question: Reckoning after yesterday's patch

Sure enough:

2 Likes

Oh sure blue post said it must be true, lol

/doubt

Yup every feral druid in NA thinks they’re an optimum FC lol

Out of all the retardedly OP classes to nerf they do the pallys, I thought blizzard catering to the Horde was a meme but its obviously true.

1 Like

Oh, you’re right! What was I thinking, trusting a Blizzard employee with direct access to the reference server over some random poster on the forums?

/forehead

1 Like

Blizzard’s a big company, it’s a stretch to think the blue names posting on forums are the same ones play testing stuff on the mystical “reference server”. I’ve worked at several large software companies man, you’d be surprised how disconnected departments can be.

1 Like

LOL WUT? You serious? they’re only slightly less OP than Shadow Priests and Warlocks…

Not sure what you’re doing wrong but Retribution is by no means a joke in PVP, it’s extremely dangerous and IMO one of the strongest classes in organized team play by a mile.

it was because of pvp

lol you vastly overestimate their abilities

they could have make a copy…they didn’t

You mean classic ENDGAME?

They weren’t nerfed. It’s a bug that will be fixed the next server reset.

This is on Wowhead Classic from a blue. I’m on my phone right now and having a hard time posting the link for some reason. But just go to Wowhead Classic. It’s the first article there.

“I’ve updated the OP here with a new hotfix that is subsequent to previous bug fixes on Reckoning. Please note that this new fix is waiting on realm restarts, which for most realms will occur as usually scheduled next week.

WoW Classic

• [With realm restarts] Paladins should no longer lose stacks of Reckoning if they are not facing their target or are out of range to attack the target when the Reckoning stacks are gained.”

Here’s the blue quote.

ret paladins are one of the most overpowerd pvp specs, just ppl dont know how to play it.

I don’t know about that. They are decent for sure. OP… not quite.

1 Like

This.

/10.