Why did orc tell me I rolled a meme race for warrior?

He told me Orc is the only viable race for warrior and that any warrior other than orc and human were meme warriors. That orc is the best because bloodfury and axe spec.

He advised me to delete my character and make an orc or I would be blacklisted from end game content.
I don’t know what to do. I like being a troll.

13 Likes

oh no not this thread again, the hordes, the human male warriors, with their weapon skills, and hit caps, hide your children.

5 Likes

I don’t understand. I hate no one. I just thought berserker was a great racial to have. I think all races for warrior have good racials and all races are cool.

I don’t understand why some act like only human and orc should exist

3 Likes

Weapon skill is insane for melee, but this only applies to axes for orcs - though some really good weapons are axes. Every other weapon (and non-swords/maces for humans) require Edgemaster’s Handguards (which is, like, thousands of gold) to be able to reap the benefits of +weapon skill.

Hardiness is also obscenely strong in PvP. But if you don’t care about DPS numbers or PvP, you can go with whatever you want.

2 Likes

Orcs have a racial that lets them do a bit more damage or threat at endgame due to reducing glancing blows if they have an axe equipped. It’s not that serious assuming you’re playing casually.

3 Likes

Do edgemaster hand guards work on orcs and humans too or is it only for us?

It works on everyone, but weapon skill past a certain point isn’t worth it - I believe it’s 305?? or so for raid bosses, past that point it’s a much smaller damage/threat increase. But the initial points are huge.

Generally, humans won’t bother getting Edgemaster’s since it’s very rare for Warriors to want daggers and most endgame weapons for Fury are swords already. Orcs will need it for those reasons, though they can stick with just axes.

1 Like

Let’s be real here, reroll while you still can… especially since you are on faerlina, you will be a sad joke in the endgame community and orc/human advantages carry over to tbc.

Do not invest any more time into your troll. If you have to be troll be a priest or mage…

3 Likes

It’s not nearly as big as there are more sources for expertise, and it’s not needed. Most guilds are casual enough that you don’t have to be absolutely meta. So long as you show up, do your part, and are properly geared/consumed you’re fine.

7 Likes

So as long as I get a bunch of gold I will be as good as the orcs and humans? Is mining/herbalism the best professions for that?

Trolls can be good tanks, but if you want to dps you should have rolled orc.

1 Like

Hmmm, is tanking easier than dps?

No. Not at all.

1 Like

Essentially yes, you’ll be stuck with it so you don’t get as good stats from gloves, and you’ll generally wear them forever - though there is a 1h sword in Naxx that gives +swords that will let you swap off them eventually. Mining/herbalism isn’t really the best gold, unless you plan to be a degenerate with black lotus.

It’s really hard to say what the best way to make gold is because it depends on server and class. Warriors aren’t the best to make gold with, so you could try with herbalism or something else.

No. Tanking is quite a bit harder and expensive, as you need to generate as much threat as possible. This is also where orcs are, “better”.

But again - this only matters if you want to be the absolute best and push content hard. It won’t have much impact in casual play.

2 Likes

So I’m out of luck if I don’t reroll?

Not at all. I’m saying if you don’t plan to try and be one of the absolute best warriors on your server and try and go for the highest DPS numbers with a hardcore guild, you’d probably enjoy being a troll over an orc.

I play a human - not a gnome - which is worse because we have a noticeably smaller mana pool and slightly less spell crit. I didn’t want to play a gnome, I care more about aesthetics. And I’m in a guild where we push content pretty decently too.

3 Likes

It does basically nothing until 305, which is the 1st big break point and gives you essentially 3% hit on top of the glancing penalty. After that, its still valuable up to 308, at which point it becomes basically useless.

You’re not going to get “blacklisted,” but without edgemasters or the axe helmet which cost 1k-6k, you’re going to be at a pretty severe disadvantage relative to an orc warrior with the same gear. The stun racial is also insane in pvp, and can come in handy on any of the PVE mobs/bosses that stun if you’re not FAP’ing all the time. Zerking isn’t bad, but from a purely dps perspective it is worse than the orc racials.

1 Like

That person is an idiot, humans and orcs have a slight advantage, but all races can be great warriors.

Absolutely not, play the race you want, not the race some neckbeard tells you that you should. I know plenty of great troll warriors on my horde server. One of my best friends in the game is a dwarf dps warrior and he out DPSes most of the humans, a weapon skill bonus isn’t the end all be all.

20 Likes

A little hyperbolic probably… But generally speaking, I know a few 60 warriors who would have appreciated someone telling them how strong the human/orc racials were before they’d spent a couple hundred hours on their character.

3 Likes

My Horde Warrior is a Troll. I like their look and combat animations better.

You will do just fine as a Troll. Try to get some Edgemasters. Failing that, there are some swords in ZG that can help short term.

If you’re not having fun, it’s not worth playing the game.

Same reason I play Gnome Instead of Human.

4 Likes