Why did neutral factions not react to the burning of Teldrassil?

Battle for Lordaeron was a proper military retaliation, but it was not quick enough to be considered a blitz. Sylvanas had more than enough time to predict an Alliance assault and rig the whole city with the newest incarnation of blight; something that can’t be done in one night. To make it even worst, the retaliation itself was predictable. A blitzkrieg move relies on surprise more than speed. Lordaeron was the closest horde stronghold to the remaining Alliance capitals, Stormwind and Ironforge. The horde knew that it was only a matter of time before the Alliance would attack the city. This is the first blunder. The second blunder that made the Alliance move so predictable is the very direct strategy employed during the battle itself. Instead of attempting to encircle and isolate the Lordaeron with a pincer movement (a proper textbook, historically proven method), the Alliance decided to rush into the front gates of the city via Brill with brute force. What were Anduin and Genn thinking? I personally think Sylvanas knew that the Alliance leadership at that point was already too emotional to be able to think straight. She played them like a fiddle at that battle. If it weren’t for Mekkatorque, Jaina, and Alleria’s sudden (plot armor) intervention, the Alliance were as good as dead.

Instead of laying siege on Lordaeron, what the Alliance should’ve done is lay a siege on Orgrimnar in a similar fashion like Jaina did in Tides of War. Now that is a blitz.

The terror of darkshore was a good move, but it’s not good enough to disrupt the whole horde war effort. At best, It will only cripple the horde on north Kalimdor much like the french and dutch resistance during ww2. When I say “raid”, what I had in mind was aerial assaults and commando units raiding strategic assets deep behind horde lines. Why not send SI:7 and the likes of Keeshan to destroy supply caravans in the southern barrens? Why not send in the gnomish flying machines to bombard the supply lines between Orgrimnar and darkshore in a daily basis? Raiding the supply lines on Darkshore alone won’t do much good in bleeding the horde to a point where they’ll become a manageable threat.

Sorry for the emotional rant, but I can’t stand the boy king’s lack of agression at this point. Not when the alliance has some a wide variety of arsenal and forces in their disposal but refuse to use it. What a waste.

They covered that… they’re camping out in Silithus with Magni, including Hanuul Runetotem.

1 Like

What if they could not mobilize a blitz? They were totally caught unawares. Its the Horde that did the blitz in Ashenvale because they were the aggressors.

What you are saying makes no sense.

Since I havent said anything here yet, the reason they didn’t really react, in my opinion, was because they were extremely pre-occupied with the whole “Planet is bleeding to death” issue. At least the Cenarian Circle, Earthen Ring, and Kirin Tor it makes sense for. Whatever threat sylvanas is, she is a far less immediate one to most of these groups then the world dying.

I imagine that there are enough races involved from each faction to form their own sub-class faction… the Blood knights and sun walkers are the horde version of the silver hand.

There are enough horde Druid races to break off the Cenarion Circle. Same with enough alliance shamans to form their own alliance earthen ring.

Oh, look! it’s Ëlësåna, I’m sure she has something new to say.

Checks post… Sylvanas… Night elves… Blizzard… Yup, most keywords are there. missing Anduin and Saurfang.

Here are all your other posts on the Lore Forums.
Aug 31 - NIGHT ELVES DID NOT GET THEIR REVENGE. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!
Sep 02 - SYLVANAS GOAL WAS NOT THE TREE, IT WAS KILLING INNOCENTS
Sep 04 - ABOUT THAT SIEGE OF STORMWIND THEORY
Sep 04 - THE ALLIANCE NEEDS A NEW KING
Sep 05 - WHY IS SAURFANG PORTRAYED AS THE GOOD GUY?
Sep 07 - THE ONLY WAY FOR NIGHT ELVES TO WIN SOMETHING
Sep 09 - WHY DID NEUTRAL FACTIONS NOT REACT TO THE BURNING OF TELDRASSIL?

How surprising that someone with the name Sylvanas would come up with something like that

I’m at the edge of my seat. I wonder what you will post tomorrow. :open_mouth: what is it gonna be about?

honest question though, why don’t you post on your main Night Elf? (it’s an honest question, don’t get defensive or anything, if you don’t want to answer, ignore it)

And I’m going to post a lot more in the future if Blizzard continues this treatment for my favorite race.

Multiple reasons, partly because my main is EU. It’s not like it matters anyway because everything I post is purely lore related and not gameplay related. I’m not making posts about X or Y being to easy/hard, therefore it doesn’t matter which character I make my points on.

1 Like

I do feel bad for the Night Elves, you guys get ignored, just like all the other alliance races other than Humans. The Humans and their human potential being shoved down our throats is as annoying as it gets. All the other races, their lore and story advancement is halted just because of the humans. they get all the attention from the already small attention the alliance gets.

I respect that. Thanks for the honest answer

1 Like

If it was only that I’d be happy, but with the night elves it feels like blizzard treats us in a cycle of completely destroying us and then ignoring us.

The attention is mostly given to the horde’s rebellion currently with a small part of the attention given to the most boring race, the humans.

A rebellion that no one asked for, and an attention we don’t seek.
If anything, the attention is only focused on the traitor and coward Sadfang.
They are trying so hard to make us like him by making him appear in every cinematic, but little they know we are hating him more and more.

I hope Tyrande eventually decapitate him, right in front of Anduin’s and against his orders. but hey, who am I kidding.

Well I’d rather have that happen to Sylvanas, but you probably know my stance on Saurfang too - He’s just a hypocrite

1 Like

That’s a hard no from me as a hardcore Sylvanas loyalist. :stuck_out_tongue:
But I see what you mean.

Dont worry it is all part of her plan just play slong in death she shall become superime ultra mega god sylvanas and slay all other gods

and then there will be cake?

Yes 4807865d cake

1 Like

You and Elesana should go out.

You both have so much in common.

Explain that to my wife…

tell her nothing stands in the way of true love.
Not even matrimony.

1 Like