Why did blizzard nerf one of the few good ways to make money as rogue but do nothing to stop mage AOE farming

So i just came back to the game after a few months. I decided i needed some gold so i went to the old BRD to go pickpocket. To my surprise they nerfed this, apparently they nerfed the amount gained and make stealth more detectable by the NPCs.

My question is why on earth did blizzard do this and if they are trying to nerf some type of “exploit” then why did they choose the one exploit that can only be used by one class in the meantime mages are out dominating all world farms and hoarding wealth like a hedgefund manager.

Seriously blizz when TBC comes out you better nerf AOE farming in the world and instances

6 Likes

You mean there’s people who aren’t bots that actually pick pocket farm? I learn something new everyday!

5 Likes

There was. I didnt realize that was something bots were doing… i hate the modern age

1 Like

Yeah, there’s were tons of bots that had been doing that pickpocket farm. Couple Youtubers made some vids of them standing around PKing them.

wowlogs test :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Either a liar or dumb.

sorry? what do you mean?

1 Like

i mean i have to agree with you here, blizzards inaction on the boosting meta and multiboxing, and the community being okay with these things for the most part

I wont defend boosting, but the double standards people have here for how people ‘should play the game’ are annoying.

Warriors solo BRD arena and StratUD by exploiting a diamond flask bug with healing gear.

Warrior priest duo’d Onyxia.

40 warriors/pallies/shamans/druids/priests/mages have cleared MC.

40 hunters have killed Onyxia and set a world record time doing it.

The f’ing raid meta in general since day 1 has been to use as many as 75% warriors … but nobody complains because half of damn classic plays a warrior.

Hunters solo DMT and hold the instance for hours to buff hundreds of people.

Lvl 30s with lvl 1s are summoning entire raids underneath and atop naxx.

… yet as soon as mages do anything you dont like, suddenly they need to recreate maps and nerf entire spell mechanics.

am i happy they nerfed BRD pickpocketing (if it actually did get nerfed)? not really, but its better than the absolutely-nothing they were doing about gold farming bots so far. and if you actually played the game and relied on BRD pickpocketing, you need to find yourself a better farm.

but my true guess is that you were botting and selling gold, and this is your lame attempt to save it … mr. unguilded rogue #4752.

6 Likes

Sorry but if you are complaining about bots you know mages are the main culprit. As for you assuming i was botting… no if you read the post you would see i was actively pick pocketing BRD and then stopped playing the game, the reason im not in a guild is well because i stopped playing the game.

Translation:

I left my BRD Bots running for 24 hours and only got a fraction of the usual RMT gold.

QQ

1 Like

if it’s so easy a bot can do it, a bot is already doing it

This “solution” they implemented doesn’t stop / catch / ban any botters. It just forces the botters to bot a different activity. They can easily adapt to that.

So this doesn’t actually solve anything with bots, but it does disrupt real players who pickpocket BRD for gold.

That doesn’t affect me because I have better ways of making gold (selling tribute buffs and summons, playing the AH, etc).

But I did some BRD pickpocketing (and mining) back in actual vanilla 15 years ago when I was farming for my epic mount. I don’t think it’s right for them to change the game this way when they aren’t even solving the problem they set out to solve.

1 Like

Rogue pick pocketing was a popular way to make money back when rogue diaries and just stuff in general vendored for more on private servers. They should of nipped botting in the butt by actually policing their servers of bots. But this is at least a step in the right direction.

Time goes on and more efficient farms are found.

Sorry but how are mages in particular the main culprits of botting? If you are referring to boosting instead, realize there’s no way a bot could pull off a Mara or ZG boost. (Maybe just maybe they could do a Stocks boost?)

Bots pull these farms off all the time. Even recorded footage of it happening. It’s just they exploit terrain with no clip. Everything from the addon posting who hasn’t traded to executing all the trades. It can be scripted.

Edit: I don’t agree with the statement mages are the main culprit of everything wrong in the gold farming world. Just point out the botting thing.

Um I get that your low iq and everything but um… You realize 99% of the booster mages are GOLD SELLERS yeah?

in tbc there’s an epic dagger and thrown weapon you can get from pickpocketed junkboxes but they’ll probably nerf that too when they nerf chest runs