Why can’t Dracthyr fly?

Give it time…

No chance dracthyr won’t get both DR and static flying.

No reason not to except dev time and resources.

1 Like

Is it? Because couldn’t they just keep their wings out while flying if it is done at will?

pretty sure illidan flew

1 Like

Only reason I could see Illidan being able to fly and other DHs can’t is because Illidan is stuck in permanent Meta form. Not sure if that is the actual reason he’s the only one that flies but it would be my guess

I’ve been preaching for demon hunter flight abilities from day 1! If illidan can do it, so can his disciples! I don’t think they would be able to “dragonride” with them (if Dracthyr get that possibility), but regular flight? Absolutely.

1 Like

This is the best REAL answer I have heard and that actually satisfactorily answers with real world and fantasy world “facts”.

1 Like

A smaller winged creature riding on a larger winged creature for their superior stamina makes sense to me.

It may be magic flight, but it’s still limited to some degree, as show by Nozdormu having to speed up the Dracthyr in the Forbidden reach exit cutscene to get the Drac’thyr to Stormwind and the Eastern Kingdoms. Clearly fatigue still factors in.

No? If they use an ability they’ll drop out of flight, same as you off a flying mount. Not hard at all.

It’s less than any other race, or in fact their own race, could accomplish by just using a dragonriding mount.

Ty. I used to geek out about the show Gargoyles as well as a kid so some of my weird knowledge is from that too lol.

Honestly tho I think if a Dracthyr had something more of the Valstrax from Monster Hunter then I could understand them flying just all the time like its nothing.

For those that don’t play. I’m talking about this fellow

It can just keep flying this fast because of those red markings you see show up on its chest at the end. Those gaps take in air as it is flying, then converts it into energy allowing it to just go zoom all the time for long periods of time. Since as you can see, its nests tend to be very isolated and in places that would require a lot of energy to traverse back and forth hunt to hunt.

because dev’s hate flying.

1 Like

They can’t fly because of a lack of imagination on Blizzard’s Part. Soar should have been an out of combat mount skill that provides 200% running speed and the ability for dragon flight in the proper zones and regular flight in other zones.

To be honest, it’d be extremely difficult just because they “can” fly. I imagine it’d be exhausting.

Humans can run, yet the vast majority of humans would rather walk if given the choice of personal travel to their destination despite running being faster.

Mounts are our houses. More stamina and speed.

2 Likes

The muscles in their wings have atrophied after being in stasis for 10,000 years.

I hope “Soar” had either two versions or a toggle so you can fly around like a dragonriding mount OR in the old world, just fly around like a normal 310% mount. At the moment, the cooldown is too long and it’s too limiting to use on the regular and that sucks. They’re dragons! They should be able to fly.

-EDarkness

3 Likes

I kinda like that, to be honest. Got that “Superman” feel while flying and it would be awesome if we get to keep that going forward.

-EDarkness

Dracthyr flight would be fun, so obviously we can’t have it.

Imgur

6 Likes

I think Dracthyr should get the ability to use Soar as a full dragonriding mount as well as get an ability to fly in the old world. Frankly, there is an argument DH could get the same

2 Likes

Maybe you guys don’t have hollow bones.

your picture summed it up perfectly. but to add in another reason i would say its because lizards cant fly dragons do and dracthyr arent dragons there elongated lizards with wings for show. all the different dragon models we got in the game and they give us this lizard. without post like this i tend to forget soar exist

We literally watch all NPC Dracthyr fly and we, ourselves, flew across the freaking ocean.

This was probably the dumbest thing Blizz has ever said— outside of “People are too dumb to understand a pet silhouette.”

They don’t.

All Dracthyr can fly, as evident by the cinematics.

No… no they don’t.

He threw himself up into the air and fell with style, dancing off of stones in the air and using the air currents to momentarily stay aloft.

It really doesn’t, though. Because none of it makes sense with the cinematics.

2 Likes