Why can't support actually do anything?

What is the point of Blizzard Customer Support? Has anyone actually had Blizz customer support help them? Ever? With anything? I know it sounds rude, but I’m actually curious. They seem to have zero ability to actually help. I feel like if they could provide a bit better customer service it would make World of Warcraft so much more enjoyable.

1 Like

GM can only do what the dev let them do GMS cant fix everything care to explain what ur problem is maybe we can help you.

3 Likes

Hello! Mostly just encountering in game glitches or missing quest rewards due to those glitches. They always just send you to Google or the Forums. So I spend an hour trying to trouble shoot a problem. I know it’s silly, but I’m tired of having to do quests more than once to get a reward because of a “known issue”

Well GMS dont fix bugs or glitches thats better off in bug forums and what do u mean missing quest rewards.

2 Likes

After the bug is fixed. As someone who is in customer service I know that you say “oh gee I’m sorry that system error caused a problem! Here’s the solution and what you were expecting. The bug has been resolved, but we’re so sorry for your inconvenience.”. Instead Blizz support is just: Nope, the bug was fixed. Do it again. 'cause somehow that’s fun for me? But still the point remains. Why is support there? What do they do? What is the point of them?

It’s the “and what you were expecting” part that’s not realistic unfortunately. In a video game, when a bug has been resolved and there is the option to re-try the event/encounter/etc. and the solution is to do that, it doesn’t mean that because you wanted a different outcome that the one provided is wrong.

Spotlight on: Game Master Help

6 Likes

It often depends on the issue. Customer Support can’t simply do anything, they have what is called a scope of support of areas and issues that they can manage.

As Darthwraith mentioned, our Support staff isn’t able to fix bugs. In rare situations where a bug may impact an aspect of gameplay, they are sometimes able to help, but it really depends on the situation.

For example, it looks like you submit a tickert regarding the world boss Mor’geth and not receiving credit correctly or the reward related to the kill. We sent a reply indicating that we’re aware of the issue and that the overall issue had been fixed. Allowing you to receive appropriate credit for the next kill.

You then asked if it is a known issue why you have to kill the mob again. The simple truth is, it just isn’t feasible. If there was a quick and easy way to verify the kill and award the rewards for whoever may have met those requirements, it would be done.

As someone in Customer Support, you should know that it isn’t always possible to fulfill a customer’s request. Though that mostly depends on the type of business you are working in as support models really can’t be compared across all industries.

I wrote up a spotlight several years ago that covers what Game Master’s can help with. It’s currently pinned at the top of this forum, but I put the link below.

14 Likes