Why can't I post links/gifs in forum?

Can someone give me a clear reason why I don’t have a high enough “trust” level or even how to check it?

What are the standards?

This summary page shows your Stats for your Forum activities.

It is accessible anytime by you if you just click your icon here on the Forums and choose View Activity (if clicking an icon next to a post) OR by clicking your icon near top right corner of the Forums and then clicking your character’s name.

Here is more info on what we have found out about the Trust Levels thus far:

3 Likes

Reading through everything, it’s likely the amount of topics viewed in the last 100 days, though it’s an imprecise guess.

1 Like

I meet the 20k but perhaps not in the last 100 days…Ridiculously high threshold, I’m not going to treat this as a part time job just to post gifs. Geez… total fail on Blizzard’s part.

3 Likes

Who says you have to? It’s will come when it comes…you are just being impatient.

4 Likes

You don’t have to. Just keep doing what you have been and you’ll get there.

I hit trust level 3 a few weeks ago without even trying and my activity is not that different from yours. You’ll get there.

1 Like

Maybe, but 20,000 posts every 100 days is 200 posts…every day…

How about not complain about it and let it happen when it happens? Is being able to post a *.gif that important?

1 Like

I hope you realize that when you say 200 posts a day, every day, that means a post and it’s replies. Each reply you read counts as a post read.

Just reading through part of some of those huge threads on general will get you that and then some. Any time you are scrolling through a large thread and see that little blue dot in the corner of each reply disappear, that counts as a post read.

3 Likes

You don’t even have to read. Take a couple hours, find a few threads with a few thousand posts from the last 100 days and just scroll. That’s how I got it!

2 Likes

FWIW, I agree with you.
Most folks pick a couple of threads with thousands of replies and just scroll through them to make the 20k read count.

All that does is game the system and serves no useful purpose like learning things or participating in the community.

1 Like

Er. It’s not like we don’t participate in other ways… =\

1 Like

i wish if you switch characters, it stayed as an account total and not per character from what i’m seeing. i used this lock since i mained until the start of bfa, being i switched to DK for our raid group. now, i’m having to heal, so i switched to my shaman until i noticed they all have different activity totals… so i’m back on my highest “active” toon.

That’s actually something that they’re hoping to implement.

3 Likes

Those are the only two reasons I could come up with for posibly requiring a post read count.
The other TL3 criteria seem to be oriented towards participation and are only achievable by some level of participation.

Scrolling through thousands of posts while watching tv is not community participation.

So that’s, what? five or six threads a day? That hardly seems cumbersome.

1 Like

Looking at your summary you should be at level 3 as it appears to me you have met the criteria that is unless you have 5 flags against you (These show were the likes and people who have responded to your posts) (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

However I did look you up on the .json link below of yours and it does show you as “True-Automatic - Trust Level 2” it doesn’t say that for level 3 and yours is different and doesn’t show a long list of information as mine and others that I have seen.
Take a look for yourself by copying and pasting the link in your browser. (I would link it but don’t have trust level 3 myself)

`https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/u/Savax-Feathermoon.json`

TRUST LEVEL 3

Get to trust level 3 by…

• Must have visited at least 50% of last 100 days
  • Must have replied to at least 10 different topics
  • Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 500 topics
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 20,000 posts (both starting posts and replies)
  • Must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.
  • Must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
  • Must not have been suspended (including forum suspensions or in-game account actions of any Blizzard game)

Trust Level 3 users can

• Create Wiki Posts (more on that below)
  • Post animated gifs, images, compatible video embeds, and links to any website
1 Like