Why can't I do damage as Fury?

I main arms for PvP. But lately I Have been doing a good bit of Mythic + with the guild and wanted to try out Fury but I do much more damage as Arms even though Fury is the preferred PvE spec across the board. I have two 2 hand swords one 213 and one is 197. My gear is speced for Venthyr pvp exploiter legendary so mostly vers and crit my haste is around 10% so maybe that is the issue ? anyways my damage as Fury is very poor. What talents for Fury should I be using ? and whats the best way to learn the rotation ?

For basics on rotation, stat priority, and gearing you’ll want to hit the class guide on WoWhead or Icy Veins. They’re both by the same person, just presented differently, so take your pick on the format you prefer.

Sort version, though, PvP Arms priorities have minimal overlap with PvE Fury. For M+ Fury you want Haste/Mastery stats, you want the Signet legendary, and of course there’s a whole different rotation that just plain takes practice to get good at.

1 Like

More than likely it’s low uptime on enrage buff. Chances are if you look at your buff uptime it’s probably around 50% or so. Being enraged means 20-40% more dmg depending on mastery. Enraged also gives a flat 15% haste buff.

So low enrage means less attacks and less dmg. Higher haste from pve gear means more bloodthirst to proc enrage and more rampages for more enrage.

The Wowhead guide by Archimtiros is basically the warrior Gospel right now. Aside from really niche min/maxing, it has all of the information you’ll need for becoming a good warrior.

For PvE, you’re going to want Signet of Tormented Kings (on a ring is likely your best bet), as it’s the best PvE legendary for both specs right now.

As Fury, you want to capitalize as much as you can on cleaving via Whirlwind’s Meat Clever effect and funneling as much of your damage through Enrage as possible, with specific priority on Rampage and Condemn (up to and including target switching if there’s no immediate priority for a burn). Due to our low cooldowns, extreme durability, and solid cleave, we’re one of the best overall melee classes in Mythic+.

4 Likes