Why can Highmountain Tauren be paladins?

Regular Tauren can be paladins so what is the “lore” reason Highmountain Tauren can’t?

1 Like

My guess is because around Cataclysm (in the timeline), Tauren learned how to be paladins and become Sunwalkers. Highmountain Tauren didn’t come into the mix until Legion, and weren’t around for that period.

4 Likes

For the same reason Stormwind Humans cannot be Druids, but Kul Tirins and Gilneans can.

The High Mountain Tauren do not have any history with or cultural affiliation to the Light. To my knowledge they cannot even be priests.

Giving Bloodhoof+ Tauren access to the Priest and Paladin classes required a good bit of lore and story to be added to the game.

That being said, given time for cultural “reintegration” between the now reunited Tauren tribes I’d say the Highmountain are a prime candidate to have paladins added onto their roster in the future. I just hope that they finally give Nightelves paladins as well lol.

2 Likes

Highmountain Tauren actually follow the same religion as the regular Tauren; they also worship the sun. Blizz was just lose with ideas & gave Taurens druids in vanilla & force the whole race to follow night elf religion. If blizz actually follow the lore to create vanilla druids should had been the Alliance only class with Shaman being the Horde counter part, since those 2 are more alike then paladin & shaman. And it would had made so much more sense that the blood elves turned to joining horde in vanilla than the forsaken; with this blood elves could had given the horde paladins, with lore being that more high elves paladins survive the 3rd war like Mehlar Dawnblade.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking for a while that shaman and druids seem like they could have been the same class at one point.

the problem is that vanilla wow to tbc were created with pretty little care about the lore; which is 1 of the reason why they had to recreate that whole story for Illidan since it was extremely stupid to make him a raid boss. Then when you look at vanilla wow, blizz just threw things together & tried to world build with very little lore. I think 1 of the biggest issues Blizzard had is that a big part of the original Devs for wow left mid-way through vanilla beta, and the new people didn’t know much about the lore.

Blizz could have done

Druid (Alliance) - Leather; 2h Hammer, Sword, Staves; DW mace, Sword & Daggers
Resto(heal)
Balance(range dps) - can summon 2 treants as the counterpart to 2 spirit wolves
Feral - Animal transformation

Shaman (Horde) - Leather; 2H Axes, Hammer, Staves; DW Axes, Maces & Daggers
Resto (heal)
Elemental(range dps) - summon 2 sprite wolves to as the counterpart to 2 treants
Spiritual - Merging with Primal Spirits (Earth element is tank, fire element is dps)

This would have been so much easier to balance out than the mess that was pally & shammy that had nothing related to each other.

2 Likes

If you’re looking for lore reason at this point… I don’t know what to tell ya. Void elves and undead can be priests, lightforged can be death knights. Zandalari can be monks even after massacring them.

Edit just noticed the date, I thought it was recent with a low post count. Was searching to see a response, should’ve just made my own thread

1 Like

Same reason LF Draenei can’t be shamans or why worgen can’t be shamans…. It’s the only kind of lore the devs don’t like to retcon…

I want all classes for all races… slap some wings on a Tauren and have flying cow dh, who cares and let people just play what they want to play…… any argument against this just falls flat when you consider that 2-ton cows can do flips as monks and actually pick up those tree trunks to perform kicks….

1 Like

Yeah, tauren look like my 7y/o nephew doing karate with their short legs. So awkward. On the flip side, Verne Troyer as a monk isn’t at all intimidating either, but somehow size doesn’t matter in a purely physical fight, because they’re all the same, no matter the race.

I’m with ya, though. All classes, all races. Wouldn’t be bothered by no more factions, either.

So I’m hearing you say your nephew’s karate is glorious then

1 Like

Well, the sunrises hit the mountain first.

They probably are paladins before “grounded” taurens find An’she at horizon hahaha

I wish they could. I like the hm customizations more but i prefer prot over brewmaster. My perfect toon would be a hm tauren pally with the regular tauren heritage armor.

Agree with what ppl are saying. LF dranei cant be shaman, humans cant be druids but kul’tirans can etc etc… which is WHY High Mountain Tauren should be able to be demon hunters… they are already in game. Take away the wings even, i dont mind. But there are already fel corrupted tauren in high mountain.