Why call me trolling?

DPS meter add-ons, and simming your character

Where I find the DPS meter on?
Is in wow setting?

Yeah, alts are a different story because I would be able to skip right to 18~20s on an alt just because I have done a lot of keys higher on my main. Thereā€™s generally an expectation to know what to push and when. Someone shows up with a slightly undergeared character with no io but they are just an alt of an extremely high-performing player, generally a less-risky choice.

1 Like

No, itā€™s an add-on. If youā€™ve modded other games before, Add-ons are effectively mods for WoW, but their limited to only the UI for the most part.

Add-ons are allowed by Blizzard, but Blizz doesnā€™t make them. Theyā€™re all 3rd party.

You need an app such as Curseforge, to download them, find the Add-on you want, and hit the download button, and Curse sorts out the installation for you from there.

They tend to be pretty useful, DPS meters are just 1 of the many types of different Add-ons in WoW, they allow you to see how much damage / healing you and your party are dealing.

A popular DPS meter Add-on a lot of people use is called ā€œDetails!ā€

2 Likes

Thanks I will look up
:ok_hand:

Before you go looking up addons I would actually advise that you go back to the basics and just learn your specs core mechanics.
Not even talking about DoT uptimes and CD usage. Iā€™m looking at several of yours logs on Warcraft Logs, for example:
https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CRhwDc1gxmX2djkY#fight=2&type=damage-done&source=14

I have yet to see you cast Malaefic Rapture a single time. Which is your core ability lol.

Iā€™m not trying to insult you or anything but I struggle to see how youā€™re surprised you got kicked from a group given the current status of your game-knowledge and skill.

1 Like

I didnā€™t look at their logs, but

Yeah no Malefic Rapture on Affliction is probably a pretty big contribution to getting kicked. Lol

I wonder what my logs looked like when I was a Newbie. I havenā€™t even checked what my logs look like now, lol.

I should check that later.

I never saw the logs but I remember thinking I was the best Mage in the world when I first joined then one day my Guild master took me to a target dummy after running Stonecore lmao.

Apparently I replaced Fireball with Scorch, probably because I could move & cast. And I never used Living Bomb. Iā€™m sure there were more errors too but those are the 2 I remember.

You mean that Malaefic Rapturn suck?

Try going to the Icy Veins website to find your class and spec and it will break down talent choices and the rotation you can use.

Itā€™s not the best imo but itā€™s a good place to start if you have questions about general spells and usage.

Usually you learn that stuff when youā€™re leveling.

But if itā€™s a new spec or something I get that totally lol. :joy: Iā€™m bad at learning a class or spec at max level.

If I had any advice I guess, it would be to queue up for low level mythics for a while.

Good luck and have fun getting to know your spec! :blush: I havenā€™t played a warlock in a long time but they seem fun.

1 Like

No. The opposite.

Iā€™m no expert on Affliction Warlock, but from my (fairly lacking) understanding of the spec, you should be using Malefic Rapture. A lot. Lol

You also need to be keeping your DoTs up as long as possible, but like I said I havenā€™t checked your logs, so Iā€™m not sure how well youā€™re already doing on that part.

I second this. Either Icy Veins or Wowhead for class guides. You can also try watching YouTubers or Streamers that play your class and see if you can learn anything from them, but I would try the guides over videos.

Theyā€™re not perfect, but they should help point you in the right direction at least.

You did better than me as mage.

My DPS was absolute 0 because I wasnā€™t kiting things and almost never re cast barriers in combat. If I did try to kite things I pulled more enemies, so I kept dying to random mobs in the open world LOL

There must have been some rotation issues on my old mage too, because I started leveling a new mage, and nothing can even reach me now, only have 1 death (outside of dungeons) and it was because I was afk.

Iā€™m donā€™t even have living bomb. Lol. Iā€™m only level 60 tho, Iā€™m gonna have to take a BIG look at my talent tree at 70, because my talents are probably garbage since iā€™ve never built a mage before. lol

The first character I really took ā€œseriouslyā€ was an mm hunter, and I think my biggest issue was letting Aimed Shot cap at 2 charges, and not using Trueshot. I still struggle with both, but not nearly as badly.

I stand with #Kabie

2 Likes

I will not stand for #Kabie slander

1 Like

No, but it absolutely should be with how much we all collectively pay towards this game.

Unfortunately we have to rely on crappy janky addons to show us any real damage metrics instead of it being native to the UI with interactive charting etc.

I canā€™t imagine a player getting kicked from a serious M+ run unless their presence was making the run harder, actual trolling or stupidly causing wipes.

You werenā€™t complaining about better geared players making your dungeon easier, were you? That happened to me a couple of days ago when I was running a random heroic on my pally. Some random person was trying to tell me I shouldnā€™t be in heroics because I outgear them. :sweat_smile: I was just trying to get my vault slots for more chances at the Fyrakk trinket. Or any trinket, really.

1 Like

By the way the word trolling gets used for a lot of stuff, weā€™re all trolling all the time.

They got kicked for that? Or did you?

Either way thatā€™s kinda funny. Some people in this game. Lol

Oh no, no one got kicked, but I was very tempted to vote kick them myself. I ended up just putting them on my ignore list. Out of sight and out of mind.

1 Like