Why auto summoning pet

I’m old raid farming for the battle pets, collecting all of them for hubby as a gift because he doesn’t have the time, and every time I mount up my hunter pet is automatically summoned. I don’t want my pet out, because I don’t need her out and sometimes she pulls mobs that I don’t want pulled, so why is it getting summoned out automatically??? Why was this added? Shouldn’t I be the one deciding if I want my pet out or not? They already added auto shut-off for growl in dungeons, which I’m fine with, but to auto summon my pet for me…why??

Hmm…sounds like one of the devs wanted to have there pet out whenever they mounted up. So instead of removing the bit of code that dismiss the pet whenever you mounted up, they decided to summon it instead. Not bashing the devs just saying that’s what it sounds like. I do like that they added auto shut-off growl thought. You try submitting a bug report?

It’s a bug

It’s insanely annoying when I’m trying to do an island with the Rabit foot charm that doesn’t aggro mobs. Dismiss pet, mount up, get close to some stuff to loot, dismount, OH HEY LOOK MY PET; 20 mobs aggro! THANK AUTO SUMMON, you REALLY helped me this time!

Been noticing the same thing with my water elemental as well. I dismiss the thing and it keeps popping back up when I dismount.

on my lock as well. friggin frustrating! He summons himself!!! Dude! what kind of demonologist 'lock am I if I can’t even control 1 of them! ???

At least you guys still have your pets! They took mine away! :frowning:

Be careful what you wish for! Your pet could be dismissed forever before you know it!

wait, what? Pally pet??

If i wanted to roll magic with no pet, I’d roll a mage (ignoring the elemental… I find it hard to add ‘character’ to an elemental vs just controlling elements… )

We used to have Guardian of Ancient Kings. He was a beast! But he was taken away from us! :frowning: