Why aren't Shadowlands dungeons and raids legacy loot?

It makes zero sense to use personal loot for something you can solo where the gear is only a cosmetic. If you’re level 70, SL should be legacy loot.

There’s precedent too. If you go into a WoD dungeon at level 30, you’ll get personal loot. Invite in a level 70 who kills boss and the dungeon will switch to being legacy loot.

1 Like

It’s probably because SL is still technically ‘endgame’ for players who don’t have DF, which is a non-zero number of players.

1 Like

Not every class can solo previous expansion raid content either, plate and melee classes may have an easier time

Think they planned to make the change in prepatch.

I addressed this:

Further, I gave an example of how current content is already capable of switching between personal and legacy loot dynamically based on party composition and it can change mid-dungeon if you invite someone new in.

You did qualify this as “raid content”, which is true. SL dungeons should be soloable by anyone at 70 at this point. Raids are trickier, largely becasue of mechanics. Some can be tricky with any class if you’re not careful. I really instant death mechanics (not).

SL LFR should be largely (if not totally) soloable. Normal+ varies.

It doesn’t really matter how it works for expansions going back further than the previous one, because the current end of the game for anyone who didn’t buy DF is SL. It’s a small but not insignificant distinction between SL and the other old xpacs. It’s not so much that they can’t change the loot system, it’s that they aren’t doing it because SL is still positioned as ‘endgame’ for players without DF. Other expansions aren’t ‘endgame’ for anyone anymore because the ‘free’ level cap is 60.

You’re not understanding.

SL dungeons scale up to 60. Anyone at 60 can get personal loot. That will include anyone who doesn’t have DF. It will also include anyone who has DF but is still level 60.

Legacy dungeons already work this way. Do a WoD dungeon up to level 40 and you’ll get personal loot. Or 60 in Chromie Time. Yet above 40 (or 60) you get legacy loot.

There’s absolutely no reason why SL dungeons can’t work this way too and it won’t affect those who haven’t bought DF at all.