Why aren't pandaren played often

I mean I personally wouldn’t pick one because I have better choices, but man do they have a low playrate.

6 Likes

I’ve seen Kung Fu Panda too many times. I already know the ending.

8 Likes

Most people pick “attractive” over “cool.”

4 Likes

People just have no taste. Pandaren are delightful.

17 Likes

They are an acquired taste.

3 Likes

Do they still start on the turtle? Cause that quest chain was annoying after the first couple goes.

2 Likes

They’re bears and have to hibernate . Don’t worry, they will be back in the spring.

1 Like

Well everyone’s got their reasons, ranging from

• Too fat and bulky
  • Furry yuck
  • Ew China theme
  • Joke race
  • Kiddie Kung fu panda

Not saying I say those, because I do have a few panda characters of my own, but those are the usual comments I see regarding Pandaren from people who got no interest in playing them.

16 Likes

Because they lack imagination. The fact that Human is one of the most played races in the game is proof. “but I want my character to look like me”… What? LOL.

Also, people seem to dislike Chinese things because uhhh well. I am not sure. The food is great, the culture is interesting, and the history is quite packed full of craziness. The current government does not define the people.

20 Likes

They don’t have to start on the turtle anymore.

Edit: But they are stuck with a quest line. You either quest on the turtle or Exile’s Reach.

1 Like

Bad impressions after Ku Fu Panda is likely a factor, that and moging them sometimes just make my eyes roll.

I find the Pandaren have an untapped strength of character as was represented in great characters like Taran Zhu. Perhaps people feel repelled by what is inherently the middle character in a faction vs faction game.

1 Like

While my view on this isn’t a popular one, for me they just feel so out of place everywhere except Pandaria.

That said I have one at 110 or whatever that translates to now.

6 Likes

Nobody likes to accept that they are fat in real life.

Inb4: fat shaming.

3 Likes

Should be seeing more of them in SL unless their racial gets reworked. They currently get a flat 5% dmg increase against all races.

3 Likes

Eeeks lol.

Yeah. It is rather odd that a country with like 30% obesity rates does not want to play a character that chunky because it is chunky. Very odd.

I’m not obese, I’m nutrient enhanced. :rage:

9 Likes

A Turtle Made It to the Water.

LIES. You’re overdued to be sold to Burger King. :wink:

4 Likes

Ppl who do play Pandas call them Fluffy instead :rofl: . The denial syndrome is also very strong in the country

Burger King can go to hell!

#support chick-fil-a

2 Likes

Lmao. How can it go to hell when it is already in hell?

1 Like