Why aren't blizzard keeping wrath era realms

I only play wow cause of wrath classic now you telling me its turning into cata? we need era realms

25 Likes

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/why-i-believe-were-not-getting-wotlk-era-servers

2 Likes

Simple answer: Because its not profitable.

5 Likes

it’s filled with bots farming nonstop tokens for retail game time, but then again so is retail.

Stop making these threads. Go to one already made. Spam is dumb.

2 Likes

It’s the only thing they can do really.

1 Like

why would they after they experimented with this going from og to tbc and the og servers dried up like a prune

1 Like

My guy has his thread on copy/paste LOCK.

1 Like

youve had 2 years to play wrath, what could you still possibly have that you haven’t done that you feel like you need Era servers?

2 Likes

Probably need to look at the PS scene. Blizz has a stubborn streak and some customers have something personal against people that would like era servers ( be it wrath or tbc).

There was a higher chance of me playing cata (and beyond), if they had wrath era servers. Now, I have unsubbed both my accounts and doing my search for other wrath avenues. Blizzard going to blizzard.

6 Likes

Why are people keep making new threads on the same topic that’s been posted by others hundreds of times? Are they attempting to raise concern to Blizzard by having an extra thread?

1 Like

Have it bookmarked cause threads like these are all too common atm.

To those who don’t understand why we want permanent wotlk servers:

Yeah, its been out 2 years, fine. However that’s nothing. Especially when you consider the time i have available to play. I cannot play like i did back when wotlk is current and there are many like me. We LOVE wotlk and would LOVE to stay in it forever and play it at our OWN PACE without fear of the world changing completely.

People complain that the only thing to do will be ICC on repeat. As if raiding is the only thing to do in such a massive game. And even if it were, yes please, ICC is so good.

To those of you saying, “well if you like wrath so much, why arent you playing it now?” well gee, why would we knowing that in less that a month the pre patch for cata hits? what would be the point of putting in any game time with cata right around the corner? you know
 the expac that traumatized most of us 15 years ago and saw the most people canceling their subs. yeah. smart blizz
 lets do this one again

Also
 why is this a problem? Like
 why be AGAINST a permanent server? If you have no interest in wotlk, why would it hurt you if there was ONE permanent server? Why wouldn’t you guys be in support of something that gives happiness to so many people like me? Its stupid and selfish. Giving us a thing we want doesn’t take away something from you.

Sooo yeah. There’s no point in playing something that will be destroyed in a couple weeks and i connot bring myself to live through cata again. just cant. not a threat or anything, i know my one sub means basically nothing. but, there is no reason for you guys to be crapping all over people’s posts about wanting a wotlk server. it hurts no one if one exists.

15 Likes

yeah ok. this proves you have no clue what you are talking about if you think Cataclysm lost more subs than WoD.

6 Likes

And this is why Blizzard doesn’t want to keep WotLK servers, most of the people who want to play WotLK Era servers don’t have/want to put in the time to actually play and keep it an active world. There’s nothing wrong with that but there’s no return of investment with WotLK Era. Classic Era has no return of investment either but is made up for by Blizzard making hardcore and SoD which currently has more players than WotLK. Classic Era makes no money, it’s funded by the “expansion packs” that are sold before Classic expansions and the 6 month subs with Classic mounts (this is conjecture).

WotLK will make no money, unless people who want to stay decide to buy WoW tokens for gold which even if they do there won’t be enough return. The only way I see WotLK Era servers happening is if Blizzard goes the Classic Era route and makes new content and gamemodes for WotLK.

How much have you played WotLK? How many raids have you done? Some of my guildies have full time jobs and children to take care of and they still made time for raid every week so why couldn’t you make time for raiding as well?

Cataclysm didn’t traumatize most of the playerbase, are you suggesting that the world revamp was so shocking and sudden that it traumatized them? Only ~20% of the playerbase left, reasons most likely other than Cataclysm bad.’

I don’t think people are against WotLK Era servers, I believe that people see Blizzard making a statement, “No plans for WotLK servers” and go ‘alright’, since then they’ve not changed their stance but people keep asking for servers and they’re getting annoyed. This honestly reminds me of the gold reset talk that was happening when TBC was about to release.

They said they aren’t doing it because they don’t want to “fragment” the playerbase, even though they’re doing that anyway. Btw, that thread linked by its clown creator in the 1st response can be safely discarded as it does not in any way answer your question (unless you count my response in there).

You may be correct, but I was referencing what Blizzard said, meaning you’d need to argue that with them, not me. As for the other thread, I already responded to it in there, and my post (the part you chopped out the quote) pointed that out. Feel free to go look if you don’t believe me instead of just assuming I was lying.

4 Likes

The question is why aren’t they keeping them, I linked to a thread as to why I think they’re not. It does answer the question, if you think it doesn’t then you’re reading comprehension is lacking. You can call me a clown if you want, I don’t care, I do like that you’re thinking of me though. Find it quite funny.

Because blizzard hates us permanent wrath classic players. That’s why.

2 Likes

Why would they hate you? Because they’re not making WotLK Era servers? I hardly see that as them hating WotLK Era players. Blizzard needs to make money, WotLK Era is a sinkhole for money unless they change something.

What exactly would you do on this perm wrath server, 12 months into ICC.

Also I would assume you would like a reset of wrath, if not then the content is actually pretty much done now, so again what exactly would you do.

1 Like