Why are you allowing GDKP in SoD?

How would you know that? Unless you’re joining those GDKPs that you hate so much yourself, then the only “reliable” source is the odd “OMG THEY SPENT HOW MUCH ON A SWORD???” clickbait YouTube videos that are not indicative of the average experience

That’s prices from era on alliance side yeah.

Your head is too deep in the sand.

How about if I personally know the people in the GDKP where gressils are regularly going for close to a million, if not a million, and if I’ve also seen the exact same thing myself?

I know it because it’s a reality of whitemane. GL affording thousands of gold of consumes on era without GDKP. You’re not getting it from picking flowers on a priest lmao.

perpetuate rmt

dont care
ban gdkps

Okay? that doesn’t change there’s a finite amount people will pay for items.

They create alts. They do the same thing. They quit. They get banned. More come. If GDKPs were not a long term sustainable thing then they’d have dried out by now. But they’re still very much alive.

Blizz doesnt enforce the rules.

Don’t care about your opinion.
Stop spamming.

1 Like

The mere existence of an MMO is what perpetuates RMT, not GDKPs.
Games that have absolutely nothing like GDKPs have RMT. WoW had RMT before the advent of GDKPs.
There is absolutely no basis to suggest that GDKPs are a singularly driving factor of RMT, and to say so is an outright lie that can be dispelled by the existence of RMT existing in every single MMO ever made.

1 Like

Your arguments are just barely connected to the fabric of reality. You are off in the clouds

mutual feeling

dont care
ban gdkps

No ones saying they’re the only factor. They’re saying GDKPs incentivizes RMT. Which it does. People ABSOLUTELY buy gold so they can outbid people and get their gear. I’ve seen some of the most ridiculous bidding wars over some of the most mundane upgrades in ZG and such. These people don’t respect the gold because they just buy it. They don’t care what it takes. They want the gear. Server health be damned.

1 Like

Because of reasons you still adamantly refuse to address.
They give pug groups a reason to stay involved throughout the run.
If you don’t get your gear, you can get gold instead.
It gives players who already have everything a reason to continue doing content, which helps incoming players who aren’t fully geared yet.
You have dogmatically attached RMT to GDKP when they would have ample reasons to exist without the other, and aren’t particularly driven by each other. Anything that costs gold in WoW is what drives RMT, from levelling professions to consumables to mounts.

1 Like

What you are dogmatically refusing to accept is that RMT will continue exisitng and causing the same problems if GDKPs were banned.
Participating in a GDKP is an entirely optional activity.

1 Like

That’s not an answer to my question

You must be confused, these are the SoD forums. If you have an issue with Era I suggest you go there. My only input on that front is of course things will stagnate and the value of gold will steadily decline when a server never gets new content and by extension runs out of stuff to spend that gold on

Sometimes the real world solutions are about lowering propensities since outright elimination isn’t attainable

dreamfoil is 8g
arcane crystals 100g
gromsblood 5g

you could farm 1000g worth of mats relatively quickly.
I know most people wish you could just use the gold from boss drops and buy consumes for the next week and raid log.

But its not 15 years ago.

15 years ago… not many people used consumes, potions and flasks on CD to ensure high performance.

the land scape changed and blizzard did next to nothing to accommodate it.

At the end of the day its always going to be supply vs demand that increases prices.

YES a large amount of gold in the economy means things naturally drift upwards. but people who farm materials to sell benefit from this as well.

the only people who suffer are the low effort raid loggers.

1 Like

sweet summer child

dont care
ban gdkps

Any chance we can report this guy that just keeps copy/pasting himself for spam?