Why are US players forced to have horrible lag to group with Oceanic realms?

I mean I don’t see how ruining other’s groups so you have a lower wait time is more fair. Leaving each region to it’s own devices is the more fair solution because your not taking from one to help the other, your letting them handle themselves and act w/o interference.

1 Like

Not sure how other groups are “ruined”.

I’ve never been in a group where this was actually an issue. If it’s a big deal for you, there’s an easy solution, form your own group :slight_smile: You’re not forced to group with anyone you don’t want to. Just make your own amazing group and have fun!

Or maybe even start your own guild of like-minded people who don’t want to ruin these other players’ game and play more fairly together w/o interaction from other regions :slight_smile: Problem solved!

3 Likes

The op states it’s in random matchmaking does he not. Why don’t OCE players make their own group lol. Again, it’s no other regions job to cater to another region.

Only problem I see is this:

When NA and OcE players are grouped together, it is ALWAYS the NA players that get the extra lag.

EVERY time.

It only bothers me when it’s my group and I invite somebody from Frostmourne or whatever and it still gives the other 4 players in the group the lag(rare). But if I queue into one I know what I’m expecting.

Yeah, that’s completely and utterly 100% wrong. Why would you think that OCE players don’t get lag when we connect to a NA servers? I’m pretty sure the laws of physics still apply in both directions.

5 Likes

Yeah nah wrong

There are way more NA players than OCE. It is far more likely for an OCE player to get lag than the NA players.

About 9/10 LFR groups I get into (for tmog) are on the US instance servers

Never use a “for all” statement.

1 Like

Generally the leader’s realm is chosen for host purposes in stuff like lfr. I leave if I see an oceanic leader.

Probably random in islands, maybe prioritizing premades.

1 Like

I get better latancy to EU realms than I do to OC realms

1 Like

Man I have no idea how people play with over 200 ms
200-250 is the point where I start to go nuts

Absolutely. It blows my mind that people even think 200-250 is acceptable. It is nearly unplayable and even that range of ms lag is the outlier as you usually are slammed with 300-400ms which is absolutely unplayable. Got a pvp mythic island and everyone in my 3 man had 400ish ms. We couldn’t even kick casts, every single ability we were using was just lit up for almost a straight second before ever going off.

I challenge any blizzard employee to sit there and play with 200-400ms and tell me that is a blizzard quality product and is an acceptable play environment. It’s not on me to work around their awful decision to force people across the planet to be randomly grouped up. I would rather have 5x longer queues if that meant I could actually you know, use spells and abilities, reliably dodge things and react to spells in a timely manner. It is beyond frustrating to play with ms on those levels.

You can’t group up with people who use the EU client when using the NA client.

i’ve had the complete opposite experience. I find them very defensive, and catty

I sentence you to a booting.

4 Likes

Wish LBJ had thought that way when we were the only country to back you up in Vietnam buddy.

Maybe that has something to do with how you present yourself when you find others in your group are from another region?

For years people have been asking for the merger of oceanic/na servers to be backtracked only to get told its racist.

It’s old. I’m fine with language barriers, that doesn’t bother me one bit. But for the longest time depending on the content it would break the game experience for me.

Try opening on an illitard from ragnaros and watch him michael jackson moonwalk across the map stunned behind 2 pillars for entire duration due to latency. It’s like oh ok.

I always make a big production about it as a joke. Like, “Uh, oh, I’m lagging. We have one of those filthy Australians in the group.”

If they take offense, I accuse them of having a disproportionately large number of beautiful people they keep sending here, takin’ jobs from hardworking unattractive American actors and actresses.

Or I tell them that my bird is Australian. He’s descended from British birds that were sent to the colony for committing crimes.

Then they tell me how much they prefer Canadians. :slight_smile:

You do realise that the demographics of Australia/NZ are significantly more European than NA right?

This is cute. OCE players had horrible latency for the majority of WoW’s lifespan until a few years ago. I’m sure half an hour of latency issues when grouping with us won’t kill you. You lot are spoiled.

1 Like