Why are there lvl 70 gators in bootybay

Right across from where you get on the boat is a little island with a giant and around the area there are lvl 70 gators?? this feels out of place? scaling bug?

It’s for a level 70 quest chain added in DF

5 Likes

If anything that feels super immersive. Haven’t you ever seen Crocodile Dundee? Stay away from the water’s edge.

2 Likes

it’s for the Blue Dragonflight questline in DF.

1 Like

In general this sort of thing happens wherever a current-expansion quest gets added to the old world.

I consider it an unsolved problem in how to make the whole world feel relevant without slowly degrading the world for people playing old content at-level.

2 Likes

Ok but shouldn’t it be phased or maybe only show if you’re on the quest? they ate my baby alt who’s level 20.

yea but for low levels, there is no way you can do this quest for Mo’krash without getting a higher level friend to clear out the gators cause you will aggro them.

It has to be a bug.

At least they weren’t dingos.

:raised_hand::leg:

2 Likes

It doesn’t mater what they are, they are level 70 and really do not belong in a low level questing area.

Back in 2009, in Florida (of course) there were some golfers golfing. Nearby there was a swamp. And in that swamp was a mean ol’ chompy chomp.

One of the golfers liked to collect lost golf balls so he could sell them. He wanted to go into the swamp. The other golfers said no. Don’t do it. There’s a gator. The golf club was aware of the problem but hadn’t found a solution to it yet. The collector ignored them and went to collect some lost balls anyways.

The alligator decided to collect some human flesh.

The golfer got his arm torn off at the socket.

Moral of the story, the gators are level 70 to teach the yung’uns not to mess with gators and crocodiles.

Well, they (blizzard) need to move them or phase them so lowbies don’t get attacked by them when questing. I think this is a clearly a bug / oversight because it’s a low level questing area and 70 gators should only be in Dragonflight or if its a special quest it should be phased.

Anyway I made a bug report post. I don’t expect them to fix it anytime soon but they will at least know their failure for putting them here.

They are there to eat Gnomes and Vulpera. Goblins are just … ick!

I LIKE that idea. We can knock golf balls off the roof by the flight master at the gators.

Target reticule and some nice swing animations later. Golf Club pro could be Dumuss from Cata. Some how he made it down to BB and now picks up golf balls to sell. If you are level 70 you can see him wondering around by the croks :wink:

1 Like

The gators needs.to be scaled, no reason for them not to be. It could be an over sight devs missed.

:airplane::ok_woman: