Why are the hardcore servers the only servers down right now

Sadly we will NEVER know. Blizzard is built on the power to keep you guessing.

Indeed! Indeed! Yes.

Honestly they can just open up defias pillager now and let skull rock ride out til 3pm.

2 Likes

They’re all on the same engine.

everyone on skull rock died at lvl 12

We have many more steps to take with Hardcore during a full patch update like this one. Those steps are all focused on finding any issue that has even a remote chance of causing players to die. If we find such an issue, we go through a whole process of understanding it, reproducing it, designing a fix, testing the fix, and applying the fix before we open Hardcore realms publicly.

Issues like that can be safely tolerated on the non-Hardcore Classic Era realms for a little while, and of course, we apply our fixes to Classic Era realms as well as Hardcore realms as we go.

We appreciate your patience.

27 Likes

Thank you for responding. People have a hard time understanding anything not spoon fed and directly in front of them.

No need to investigate further, I know the issue that causes the most players to die.

Good ol fasioned human stupidity.

2 Likes

There’s no need to be snide.

2 Likes

This is a very good reason to delay opening the servers! I approve

1 Like

I found out how addicted I am to hardcore wow today.

2 Likes

Thanks! /hug
Disclaimer: I’ll still play a low level alt for the first couple days …

3 Likes

Will long existing bugs finally be addressed which cause players to die? For example, falling through the floor in Sunken Temple.

1 Like

Are you going to bother doing anything to stop the fly hacking ZG boosters or the rampant gold buying going on in the streaming community?

2 Likes

so the undercity elevator is going to have a little ledge infront of the door so you can fall to your death? that bridge i keep seeing people fall through and die is also getting fixed?
and line of sight is getting fixed?

Couldn’t all of those things(besides the patching) be done on a Test Realm without incuring downtime?

Also not trying to sound ungrateful, just trying to understand.

Yea sounds like they are finally doing something about the deaths due to bugs. None of us complained so much about dying due to a dropped flight path glitch or getting dropped from your ship and dying of fatigue in regular Classic…cuz you die there, you just go to GY. No one ever felt a need to complain or post about those things on the forums when you have unlimited lives.

This is why bugs that existed since WoW first came out our coming to light now. The d/c on a flight path… not unique to HC mode. People just notice it 10x more here because it effects you that much more.

3 Likes

What I heard was this patch will make us live longer in hardcore!

2 Likes

There’s no need to be entitled, and complain. But, here we are. The truth hurts< hmmmm?

DCs are part of HC realms. I accepted that in terms of service when I made my HC character.

Let me in.

1 Like