Why are so many people mad about Survival Hunter... its the best performing spec in the game right now

Yeah, Hello

LOL I cant with this take. Cool, by the logic bestowed by random hunter forum poster 999, Ranged SV was a failure hence the rework.

Considering the number of times you fly in to white knight his posts, forgive me if I laugh. He also has a six year history of leaving out facts that don’t support his stance and making things up. It’s amazing the amount of lying you will do to continue to whine about SV.

1 Like

Such as? Provide specific examples…

4 Likes

i dont think this guy actually has anything to say

3 Likes

Name. Examples.

Multiple people have called you out on these vague, generalised statements with 0 backing of yours. You’re not fooling anyone.

7 Likes

im kind of upset that survival is top dog, but not for the reasons that most people are. I really do not mind survival being melee. what i hate is that survival does not really feel like a hunter spec. with most of its damage focusing on bombs it plays like a bombier or a poorly designed tinker spec that just happens to have a pet helper.

many of you probly never played warhammer online age of reckoning but the white lion class there has the feel of a melee hunter. it was all about flanking strikes and cordnated attacks between u and ur pet. savage dots and having alot to do with positioning and coordination between the you and your pet.

i just hate the thematics and game play of survival and mm not having a pet kind of does the same to in that aspect also but atleast mm feels like a hunter spec

2 Likes

Exactly! Move away from the bombs!

Yes lean into the white lion play style.

1 Like

I played that game for the whole 5 years it was live, and loved it. As a Squig Herder, the White Lion was my nemesis. It had a leap, and a pull; two things that could spoil my kiting ways. For that reason, I put points in the Squig Herder’s melee tree so I wouldn’t be helpless in melee. I could at least knockback and stun.

squig hearder was fun. i loved my gobo shaman. Do you agree that the survival hunter should play more like the white lion than the current iteration of survival.

To me, the White Lion is more akin to Beast Master with its reliance on, and coordination with the pet. Current SV borrows heavily from BM in that regard. I’d rather see SV go more in the direction of innovative ordinance, unique gadgets, and advanced traps.

In that respect, I’d rather the SV hunter have more in common with the Engineering spec of Sniper in Star Wars the Old Republic, than the White Lion of Warhammer Online.

questionable

That could be feasible and perhaps a little fun. However I wont lie, the only reason I haven’t put a community college level effort into MM is because it reminded me way too much of how a Sharpshooter Gunslinger plays.

Well I can tell you when blizzard changed Enhancement to be a poor mans furry warrior I hated it. Blizzard tried to force Enhancement to be pure melee where it had been a hybrid of both ranged and melee. And how they did it was by giving us a blue rage bar and removing our ranged attacks. This hurt enhancement imo. With how they partially reverted us back to what we were I am happy about that but they didn’t fully revert us so Enhancement has come clunkiness to it, that could be fixed if they finished returning us to what we were.

Looking at it this way I can understand how people who have had ranged survival would hate their spec being changed like this.

Personally I have never played survival as a hunter. My hunter has always been MM with a few weeks of me testing bm. So I have no real say if its better or worse because I never experienced it.

1 Like

the only people that was happy about this change were…

1. actual trolls that hate hunters
  2. melee ONLY players that now have a new option in the hunter class

thats it. everything about melee survival right now in its current form screams an engineer class. i say they either just make an engineer class for the folks that want that sort of thing and copy paste this joke of a spec over there or change the name of melee survival to engineer as a 4th spec in the hunter class and give me and everyone else back our beloved ranged survival.

10 Likes

You have to dig into a pretty detailed, and IMO mechanical analysis to find the difference in theme, and I think that means its not substantial.

The theme was ranged weapon user that fires colorful projectiles. MM was also a ranged weapon user that fires colorful projectiles. BM was a ranged weapon user that fires colorful projectiles that have an effect on the power of their pets.

Digging deeper, yes. There were significant playstyle differences. But thematically, the difference was not substantial.

Thats a statement that harms your position because it is so obviously impossible. It only takes one person that doesnt fit your generalization to disprove your statement.

Which is exactly where the engineer class belongs. Tinker should never exist. There is an engineer profession and for the foundation of the game it was practically mandatory for hunters. It was a favorite of PvPers. People have been asking for a tinker class, but the only way tinker doesnt diminish both the engineering profession AND the hunter class is as a hunter spec. Enter SV.

but fact remains and the whole point of any controversy over melee survival is that it came at a cost of the best spec ever put in game for any class during any patch.

if blizzard had just made a melee hunter spec and didnt delete ranged survival the hunter forums would be dead apart from the odd bm aoe sucks threads.

people like myself will never stop rubbing it in blizzards face. because we all know it was a massive failure. even now when blizzard purposely buffed it over the top, it is still a failure. nobody that is a die hard hunter through and through likes melee survival, especially if they were ranged survival mains before blizzard stabbed them in the back. in fact the only people you see playing it are people that are forced into the meta to push keys. curious players that jump ship when they realize how god awful it is. and melee only players that wanna hijack the hunter class.

there is no pro melee sv argument that will ever win over the fact that melee hunters dont make sense. it is wrong in every aspect. people can argue that “oh well rexxar and beastlord darmac were melee hunters” YES MELEE BEAST MASTER HUNTERS" and not survival.

regardless of what happens the removal of 10 man raiding and the deletion of ranged survival were hands down bar none 2 of the worst moves / decisions blizzard has ever made during the course of this games life.

you cant just take a spec and delete it especially when it is the most popular spec within a class. you just cant do that. but blizzard did, and stuff like that is exactly why this game is dead. people are getting sick of moves like this.

3 Likes

since SV is about to get nerfed, let us not forget the only way the spec became relevant again was by adding a proc to their explosives. the same core mech of ranged SV.

RIP msv 9.2-9.2.5

2 Likes

A proc that buffed its damage by 80%, no less. Also keeping it as a fully uncapped AoE while almost everyone else was either softcapped or hardcapped.

They might just give it a token nerf that doesn’t do anything again like the Wildfire Cluster nerf of 9.2.5. Just like how they gave BM a token AoE “buff” to its tier set bonus. In this patch it’s pretty evident when they make a token change because they don’t actually want to change anything but they want to at least quieten player outcry.

1 Like