Why are silences such a coinflip?

I get silenced for https ://imgur.com/T0b6sUc

Obviously this is just such hateful conduct and insane verbal abuse!

Submitting an appeal for an offense that you aren’t even told what it is, then just hoping you get a GM with more than two braincells to overturn it is absolutely ridiculous.

Being unable to message even realid friends because of WoW chat is actually absurd and whoever made this system probably huffs paint as a hobby.

1 Like

Silences are meant to be a penalty, they dont get applied without a GM looking at the information, generally youl get a snippet of what you said to let you know.

All you can do is appeal, but if you said something that warrants the silence, maybe just learn to be polite in the future. Doesnt matter about the severity, if Blizz decides it doesnt fit into the TOS guides, then it doesnt.

6 Likes

Most of the time people know exactly what they’ve done wrong, but seems it’s easy to claim ignorance and play the victim.

Point to note is the infraction could have incurred days prior.

Might want to calm it down a bit. This is a player help player forum after all.

Absolutely incorrect.

A Squelch is automatic - and occurs after a number of reports, and is then pending review by a GM.

A silence penalty is then added by a GM, or the squelch removed, after review.

8 Likes

Sorry, Wwx, that really should have provided a bit more information, it is supposed to.

The reason you were silenced was for spam.

Yes and no. Squelches are automatic, based on the reports that are made. The squelch is meant to address potential spam/advertisement issues before a Game Master can review it. The silence you received, absolutely was not automated.

12 Likes

Look at my account history and the 50% of silences that are overturned entirely based on the day the GM is having. Maybe have a semi comprehensive policy instead of me having to deal with people that have no idea what they’re doing and I won’t be combative when I receive random silences?

if you are going to be combative and belittling towards other players, Wwx, we’ll just end this now.

16 Likes