Why are rogues so weak?

As a rogue in 2s and 3s, I feel like the weakest melee class in the game.
I am getting shat on by DHs, DKs and not to mentioned Monks with their F’ing touch of death that insta kills for 100K+ DMG.

Blizz can you please fix rogues as we are too weak.

1 Like

I don’t do many arena so it might be different but the only class i have issues with in BGs is DH because of their leech.

Try using evasion when a monk uses touch of death, he cant build damage for it if he cant hit you.

4 Likes

CC DH Meta, meta hurts and heals them.

Just Vanish ToD when there is ~2 seconds left to avoid it completely. Evasion if Vanish is down or don’t want to use it defensively to lower the damage.

DK, Kite and CC. They can’t heal if they can’t touch. If they’re kill target and low with healer in CC you can evasion to keep their DS healing down.

We’re squishy but we have tools to deal with it.

1 Like

Uhh, Assassination does a ton of damage in 3s and is potentially too good, for the low skill ceiling it carries, with RMPala being one of the most broken comps in the game. Rogue/healer has been weaker than other melee/healer in 2s, for a bit, but it’s still viable enough to 2200+, if you’re decent, and by weaker, I mean it’s not totally mongoloid and you actually have to coordinate a bit to land a kill.

1 Like

probably because you aren’t playing RMP for your 3s… also isn’t Assa/Disc doing really good in 2s?

I can’t kill anyone in BGs on my Rogue unless they’re alone and even that is a case of having more cc so I can wear them down.

You could argue I suck but everyone else must suck too because I can’t remember the last time I was afraid of getting killed by a Rogue, even on a clothie.

Thats almost the case for any class because wveryone lives so long. You survive long enough your pals are gona help you. Dont over extend in bgs and you will see better results. The days of 1v1 or 1v 2 is over.

1 Like

There are many Rogues and players who have a completely different experience.

4 Likes

arent rogues in like half of the best comps rn?

1 Like

Well, in the case of the second half of my statement it’s easy for people to focus on their death and forget things like “Oh, yeah had I just barely got out of a fight with that other guy” or “I was deep in Azurelode Mine with a dozen kobolds punching me when he un-stealthed”

its probably the best class in the game.

besides mages and druids

1 Like

I have no idea what you’re saying.

Do you regularly attack 100% hp, fully buffed guys surrounded by friends? Nope, you wait for them to be alone, half dead, or both.

I meant the people being easily killed by Rogues tend to forget the state they were in at the time, only that said Rogue killed them easily, so Rogues have become some sort of boogeyman when in reality Rogues are kinda ineffectual.

That is typically how arena works, yes. And rogue is very good there.

2 Likes

You spend a lot of time attacking multiple opponents in Arena as a Rogue? Naw, you’re either 1v1’ing a guy and bamfing away if his buddies back him up or ganging up on someone with yours.

You should look at videos of rogues during MOP… was so fun RIP to us

Is this a troll post?

2 Likes