Why are racist undertones allowed on the forums?

There’s a person harassing me in another thread and has gone so far as to make underhanded remarks about me because of the server I’m on. Ragnaros is known across the region as the Brazilian realm and most non-Brazilian players have a negative view on this realm because of it. There have even been addons that would block players from South American realms from joining their groups. This isn’t cool to have a stigma against my intelligence just because my character is on this realm. Where’s the moderation on this forum troll?

It isnt but unless its flagged it can slip under the radar Best thing u can do like in game is report and move on and let blizzard do their job blizzard cant staff the forums 24/7 thats why they rely on the players to flag what they feel violates the forum COC so they can review and action as needed.

6 Likes

It’s almost 10pm in California and midnight in Texas. The Customer Support Forum agents are not in the office for another six to eight hours, and even then, this thread is likely going to be locked.

If you believe a post is in violation of the Code of Conduct, report it. Otherwise, ignore and move on.

4 Likes

It’s hard to ignore when all they’ve done is harass me in that thread to the point to where they feel the need to talk down to me because of my server. You know, attacking the individual instead of the argument? Common tactic abusers use to feel empowered over people.

No, you can literally put someone on ignore as a forum function. Go to their profile to find it.

There’s a trick to how to ignore someone with a hidden profile, but it’s not coming to mind right now. Hopefully one of the other regs will help with that.

1 Like

Click the player icon at the top right corner of the page, then click the people icon, go to Preferences, then go to Notifications, then Users. You can manually add them there name-server name

6 Likes

Thanks! That’s what I needed.

Which is why you report their posts, then put them on ignore, and move on.

Given the back-and-forth, it’s likely that thread will be 404’d rather than just edited.

2 Likes

Danke schoen, T-Totem. :heart:

3 Likes

And those are the ones you report and ignore.

If you feel a post breaks the forum rules report it then ignore the poster if you don’t wish to see their feedback regarding your post

It’s not up to you to decide a poster’s fate leave that to the moderators. Report, ignore and move on. Not everyone on the forums is going to be a “please and thank you” poster that is why you have tools at your disposal to take care of it. Let the moderators worry about the offense.

4 Likes

I’m removing all the arguing that occurred here and leaving the helpful pieces of information. I think all that needed to be provided in this has been, so I’m also going to close the discussion. To summarize for any that find this topic in a search:

You can flag a post that you feel is a violation of the Forum Code of Conduct and our moderation team will review it. However, if you find that you are frequently in disagreements/arguments with a specific user then Ignoring them on the forums may be a more immediate course of action that you can take.

Please note, that if you are also violating the forum or in-game code of conduct and are reported then you will also face account penalties. So it’s best that you not engage with someone if you feel they are harassing you. Our policies regarding Code of Conduct violations don’t care who “started it”.

11 Likes