Why are people so rude to new tanks?

You may as well ask why people on the internet are rude to other people.

If there are no consequences, you will constantly encounter scumbags.

3 Likes

I made a macro that states I’m new and to feel free to give me pointers. I’ve been playing since vanilla.

It generally just makes people nicer.

1 Like

I think the que system needs more options to avoid these things. Currently the only way to increase your chances of a learning group is queing for bfa dungeons( i swear every time i do one at least 3 players are brand new) and those dungeons are tuned so poorly with to mny mechanics for new players its not a good way to learn.

Having an preference options like how mythic+ has the completion, time, and push options would be nice. That and letting max level people sign up for the mentoring on alts. Max level activites on my main is not the time i want to be interacting with new players, but if im leveling alts around them im happy to help.

1 Like

I find the opposite to be true. When I play a new tank class that’s how I learn. Granted I know the gist of how tanks function… It’s my playground

You are easily tricked then.

The bfa dungeons? I generally find them poorly done since most classes dont have the vital tools to handle them at that level.

Getting chucked into atal when no one has access to an interrupt or stun for the priests channels or soloing down totems because everyone’s focusing the big guys who cant die and the constant running back usually just makes people give up.

As appose to the vanilla tank and spank when theres very few mechanics and people could focus on learning rotations or reading spells without punishment of death. But all the experienced player know vanilla is the easy to go and just burn theough them so it ends up not being a learning environment at all.

Having a seperate new player learning que option for the non bfa dungeons would be a healthy option.

2 Likes

any dungeon. I’m usually one of the impatient ones so I definitely keep up a pace but i’ve never had trouble playing with a new class due to rudeness outside 1s and 2s

It’s heroics where you’re going to find it. I’ve left many of those due to damage pulls. Not worth bribe bag

1 Like

I don’t know why people criticize players in leveling dungeons. It’s usually newbies, or people playing new characters. The difficulty has been completely ripped out of the leveling experience to the degree that a tank and/or healer (sometimes both) aren’t even needed to clear dungeons. Sometimes it’s the healer carrying damage because the scaling is completely screwed.

Now if you’re running a +15 by all means.

Im lost as to what point of my original statement you were replying to?

That new players should have a seperate que option to practice leveling in with other new or experienced player that specifically volunteer to teach?

That alts of max level people should be able to apply for the mentorship?

Or that bfa dungeons are generally overtuned?

I was replying to the original post or at least I thought I was. I’m not finding the issues that this person’s having and i’ve done a lot of leveling dungeons

because everyone is in too much of a hurry

1 Like

Ah it orignally pinged me as a direct reply so i was confused.

I probably clicked the wrong one

Exactly, very true.

1 Like

Lack of loot → Lack of dopamine.

More speed → Faster dopamine.

Slower runs → Slower dopamine.

If you are rude to any tank that is trying their best ,it reflects on your own lack of elf esteem or self esteem if you’re human.

1 Like

More like there’s zero consequence for being a jerk.

FF14 at least has some kind of rating system for players.

We’d have one too if players wouldn’t try to weaponize it.

This is why I stopped tanking. And I am a decent Tank.

What ever happened to that mentorship program they proposed Back in the expansion that-shall-not-be-named-the-one-with-all-the-covenants-and-smurf-angels?

1 Like

The apply as a marked guide thing is an option to volunteer for but you can only do it on max level characters and its hidden away by the embassy.

Since max level characters dont really hang out in leveling zones besides afking in stormwind its pretty useless for new players and the mark goes away when they hit max so you dont even see them in endgame zones.

It does have a seperate chat that you enter by force if your new or on your max characters if you apply where people ask questions sometimes.