Why are people excited for the stress test?

I’m confused as to why anyone thinks that participating in the stress test would increase your chances of getting in the legit beta. I’ve not seen that said or hinted at anywhere and it literally makes zero sense. Also it would screw over the rest of us that don’t have stress test invites, putting us even further at the back of the line. Just be happy you’re getting to play tomorrow at all.

2 Likes
  1. Beta servers will be down, so most beta players should be participating in the stress test.
  2. Level cap is 5 and we have 26 hours to play.

This can make for some really fun and interesting scenarios. We will probably see large wpvp battles (most likely streamed) and groups of players minmaxing (or twinking) to do pve content that is not designed to be done by level 5’s.

1. Lot’s of us have been dying to play Vanilla again for years, so this will be a nice little taste while we wait for launch or beta invites.
  2. Lot’s of us actually want to help make sure Blizzard makes the best Classic they can make before launch. This gives us the opportunity to be a part of that.
  3. It’s Vanilla, baby!
6 Likes

You’ve never done a Hogger Raid.

And why shouldn’t we be excited when it comes through? Even just looking at the login screen got me excited and I feel like a part of testing, regardless full beta invite. Plus not only do I help test the load, I can have fun by doing some of the starting quests, grouping with people, chatting with people, and testing some, though very limited, features of the game myself. Plus probably finding some bugs others didn’t. Even when my char is deleted on Thursday evening, it doesn’t matter because everyone in beta’s char is going to be deleted. We will all start at 1 on August 26th. So why not be excited for a little trial along the way?

2 Likes

They said each layer would include an entire continent… and each layer would have “original vanilla server caps”… if that is so, then each layer cap is around 1250-1500 people as 2 layers represent a server and cap was 2500-3000 players.

Even if they invited 20,000 thats still <1% of the overall amount of people trying to get into classic if you think 20k will represent the launch youre out of your mind. This does nothing except - like i said- dangle a carrot on a stick with no carrot

1 Like

“One Server”

If you think that they will have one server at launch, you are insane.

Same reason people love being crammed into a small space to listen to their favorite bands.

It’s a chance to be around potentially thousands of other fans all cheering and screaming over the one thing they all have in common, only this time we’re actually encouraged to break things!

4 Likes

I am going for beta to be able to lord my elite status over the mere mortals that will never be able to achievement the greatness.

Oh, and to break stuff!

they would need 200 servers to accurately represent what this stress test is trying to do. and even then it would put all of them at cap. some servers will be more populated. launch will crash. people will not be able to play straight away but i can see your mind is made up. if you wanna beg blizzard to employ for 5 levels so be it. it just such a waste of time

They don’t need 200 servers…they need to see what it’s going to do to one server. Then they can extrapolate, figure out the issues, fix them, and move bigger next month and see what issues arise, then do it a third time, then launch. Stop being so skeptical and upset you didn’t get into beta. 99% of us didn’t.

Uh one server and 20,000 is the same as 100 servers and 2 million people…

cause they can be, simple as that. get over it

and theyre expecting over 3.5 million… And thats if 20k made it on to the servers without it crashing. The realistic number is about 9k per server. so more like 200 servers. But nevertheless the point is people are willing to be free labor in hopes of making launch day a success only to find that theyre still going to have server issues. my point that i was specifically making was that if youre willing to do the stress test, why not get a little something for it?

Guys listen, we cant have fun

2 Likes

i dont define fun as logging into a game that i wanna play only to not be able to play it

Ok ok, I wont have fun.
Sir yes sir.

1 Like

Ah, correct, mb.

So then speak only for yourself, because we’re gonna make it a heck of a lot of fun.

2 Likes

but you wont because you wont be able to login.

Jeez! I already said I wouldnt have fun! I pray for beta but I can only play the un-fun Stress Test. Dont worry, I’ll show up on time!
#ClockInForStressTest
#StressTestNotFunButBetaIs

1 Like

Literally nothing in the post you linked says that, and a blue replied in that same thread to confirm the opposite WoW Classic Stress Test 1 - #86 by Bornakk