Why are people against graphical updates?

Opinions vary. I’ve never been happy with the new UDF models run cycle, it doesn’t have the same ‘pop’ in the step, no other way I can express that really. In addition a lot of shoulder armor models look like they are floating in the air and about to just slip off which is annoying for transmog.

OP, No.

From blizzards mouth.

You think you do, but you don’t.

If you want good graphics BFA is right there for you, i’m being blunt but the graphics are part of classic.

I also don’t trust them with preserving the old model, they didn’t do it right in actual WoW.

2 Likes

I absolutely agree with the OP. The purists can play on the classic setting while people who like graphical updates can have them. It’s very selfish to think that everyone that plays must play on the same graphical setting. (View Distance being the one exception.) Honestly, for you to think that everyone has to play on classic settings, it makes you seem very petty.

1 Like

There are people here that think if you get an option to see new character models, that only you can see, that it somehow infringes on this supposed notion that Classic is no longer the Vanilla experience. Even though this Classic version isn’t going to be exactly the same back then.

This is the point that #noChanges trolls ruin options that can be included for newer players to intice them to try Classic out while not having the game look like EQ

3 Likes

I couldn’t agree with you more.

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m a bit scared about this now since people are even saying that the level of graphical improvement is too much what was in the demo. It was very modest in my opinion and there was clearly the button to put it on the vanilla settings. Vanilla settings should be the default option thought and from there you could do the mild alterations.

Changing models would be a heavy alteration and probably lot more data intensive than having a bit more pixels on textures or ground clutter in the game.

Many of us DETEST the new art style current WoW went with. What we like is subjective.

1 Like

Ok first off sorry for the rant but I am very passionate about this and I have been seeing so many people complaining that they do not want to see any new graphics on beloved WoW classic and basically People like them are really going to ruin this, i honestly only play vanilla and still do play private server vanilla and only like vanilla wow, I still have dreams of the good old days playing vanilla and was overjoyed that it is coming back and also TO SEE CLASSIC TO ITS FULL POTENTIAL. Dont get me wrong I love the classic graphics but why wouldnt we want to see our favorite game ever at its max potential?! and how amazingly fun it was, but to see vanilla with new graphics and updated player models would be a dream, and then players like these "old graphics hipsters come along with no actual reasoning or thinking, just riding the train to be “cool” and “hipster” for the old graphics, like wtf is wrong with you?! go play a private server if you want the old graphics don’t petition and ruin it for us actual Vanilla lovers and fanbase, we want to see vanilla to its upmost potential and with new animations and texture and model upgrades this would be so amazing to experience. Please Blizzard I beg of you show us classic as if it were to come out for the first time in 2019 and the graphical capabilities of this.

So much toxicity in this thread. Wheres that community aspect that we had in classic?

My only concern is that the game feels authentic. Like it how it was when I starting playing back in the early burning crusade.

I’m not too concerned if a few polygons are over polished, or I can see slightly farther away than back in the day. Though I personally always thought the graphics for wow were pretty good.

1 Like

Because I don’t think the new graphics are better? Most of the models and textures for classic wow haven’t been updated anyway so you’d get this ridiculous agglomeration of high- and low def models.