Why are Legion glads so cocky?

Eh, to be honest I always viewed end of BC (Season 4) Glads to be the most respected. That was pre-dampening . . . those dudes and dudettes were grinding out 20 minute mana drain wars every game.

1 Like

Haha!

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/766436128587907092/770445155937026098/unknown.png

There is no time to be cocky my fellow Gladiators! The Persian Empire is at our doorsteps!

7 Likes

I hope this was a copy-pasta or meme post, because I physically cringed reading this

We gonna pretend that Legion wasn’t a product of years of pruning, horrible class design and pvp decisions? Legion was so bad that people looked at WoD with nostalgia, and that’s honestly an accomplishment by blizzard in itself

5 Likes

the irony of saying we’re getting better and better when zez has been playing at the same xp since legion

2 Likes

if we’re gonna make fun of anything it should be bagobo liking his own posts on alts

https://i.imgur.com/r3CWihN.png

not even zez would do this 1

14 Likes

takin a page outta the bronzer playbook

4 Likes

But they are. Any title in bfa is complete irrelevant garbage and should be disregarded instantly due to the simple fact that cringe like corruption existed and garbage/brainless class design.

Just saying, any single-expansion Gladiator will look down on any other single-expansion Gladiator because they all think the only expansion they got Gladiator in was the expansion of “real Gladiators”.

Most Gladiators in general are annoying af.

2 Likes

Not only did they make glad easier to get by removing the % cutoff that required you to play until the end of the season, but the ratings are massively inflated. So it’s like double easier from how it used to be.

For example, On 2 of my toons in season 1 BFA, I got glad before the midway mark of the season. I never even had to do an end of the season push because I wasn’t worried about not making the cut, because the cut is available day 1. For my previous glad titles, I had to constantly monitor the rankings and make sure I was above what I thought the cutoff would be.

The easiest time to get glad now, is just waiting until the end of the season when rating is super inflated and since you only need 2400 +wins, the title becomes progressively easier to attain as the season near its end, inverse to previous seasons where the last weeks were always the hardest.

Either way, many arena players are snobs or elite-ists, so I wouldn’t worry about what they think. Focus on improving and eventually you will find the right players or perhaps even grow your team together. Personally I liked when there was a team rating for arena, because if forced people to work together and grow, where as now, finding teams as a new player can be tough, but that’s a topic for another time.

TL:DR Its easier to get glad now because systematic changes. Screw the haters, work on improving.

1 Like

Expected response from a typical cocky legion glad. It’s because of people like you why I dispise legion glads soo much…

Theres plenty of low rated Glads who were carried, only way to tell real gladiator is attack them and see how fast they kill you.

Facts don’t care about your feelings. Glad used to be within 200-300 points of r1 not 900 points below alliance r1.

I don’t mind accessibility though, I like 2100 duelist box being max ilvl like 2400 glad weekly box gear wise. Makes more sense like old 2200 weapons being the gear ceiling.

4 Likes

I have mixed feelings about it. Upside about the current Glad system, imo, is that one player can’t deny other good players multiple Glad spots because they play X amount of the same class.

Only other viable solution to that issue is to make PVP rating account wide, which would be an absolute sh*tshow and hurt arena ladder health in the long run.

It is a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

agree with this

1 Like

Benshapirox laying down the law

1 Like

i think it’s safe to say that if you’re still playing this game in nearly 2021 there isn’t much in life for you to be proud of

1 Like

gear gating is stupid and has no place in pvp of any kind. but, lowering it to duelist would be a nice crumb for the serfs.

1 Like

If they’re going to gate it by rating you should have all your armour upgradeable to max ilvl by 1800, or at least 4/5 main body pieces & all of your rings, neck, cloak, bracers, boots, belt. Then weapons upgrade @ 2100 / 2200. Wouldn’t mind Shoulders being @2k either but seriously just let people have full gear @1800 nobody would care.

I still think it’s really important to make pve gear a weakness in pvp. Or at least pvp gear literally intentionally more effective in pvp (And not just slapping 20% of your versa stat buffed by trinket 2set.) otherwise it will just be pve to pvp.

So long as the option to gear up through PvE and succeed in PvP exists it will be taken. People don’t want to risk losing a match because their gear is crap. Which is what happens when you can’t gear throguh pvp to pvp. Your gear will remain crap.

If 2400 is gladiator the people pushing it should already have access to competitive gear. Not competing to continue gearing.

how does blizzard not see this problem lmao

1 Like

Imo, 2100 should be the line for both Elite transmogs and Mythic Raid ilvl gear from end-of-week crate.

2400+ should add a guaranteed weapon of Mythic Raid End Boss ilvl with a distinct model and/or color.

Bring back T2 Weapons!

The rewards structure in this game creates a pretty toxic environment. Each expansion has some elitist attitude about how their mounts are better and how they deserved them more. It really gets old.

I would like to see this games tracking of rating like valorant/ow/etc. where it has each season with your majority (mode) performance and peak performance. Keep the mounts and titles in the game, but the new tracking system is how players would gauge each other instead of some discrete achievement.