Why are Horde more successful than Alliance at raiding and PVP?

Its silly because its not true.

1 Like

I remember back in WoD alliance dominated PvP, horde cried so bad and things switched so they could dominate PvP when they were already dominating the raiding scene.

Now they dominate PvP, Raiding and Mythic+.

The moment the alliance dominates something, the horde is gonna cry.

19 Likes

So we can agree that the horde crying about the human racial back in WoD were just making excuses?

Rofl, i always find this funny. Blood elf are almost half of the population of the horde, you know the boring yellow humans.

That “fantasy” people talk about the horde is a joke.

11 Likes

Initially, the Alliance has the upper hand due to more familiar races (for people coming from traditional fantasy games like Everquest). Because of that the player count was heavily skewed Alliance.

When TBC was released they counterbalanced it by adding Blood Elves to the Horde, which did help a lot hence the large percentage of Horde characters that are Elves.

As time went on the presence of traditional Elves, and the changes to racial abilities on both sides lead to people moving to Horde for PvE, and later PvP activities, and that’s just gotten worse as time went on. It escalated even more when larger raid teams moved to the Horde, causing a trickle down effect.

Hence our current situation.

6 Likes

“wtf why does alliance have an advantage in X?”
“because horde have an advantage in Y, Z, and more”
“but I play horde and wanna be the best at X! who cares about any of that other stuff, I don’t do any of that”

Basically, these types of Horde players want to play the game as if it were single-faction. Anything that even suggests the possibility that they might have to roll Alliance ever for anything prompts hissy fits, all meanwhile Alliance are increasingly forced to transfer just to be able to reliably play the game at a higher level.

3 Likes

They aren’t, its that the serious hardcore players went to horde side for the OP racials. They got 58% or higher now population and we got the PVE players. Blizzard pushed the horde to be so full their que times are horrid thought.

It’s more of an opinion than an argument. This is how I see the Alliance. Their races are not interesting to me and the story I very bland with little controversy. The last time I ever thought it would be cool to be a human was during the WotLK.

Sure I don’t really care about that stuff.

Meanwhile I am playing a troll, have Tauren alts, my only blood elf is for role playing, and everything else is a mixed bag of awesome. Doesn’t matter to me what the rest of the horde are doing. I play this game for myself and if you want to use what everyone else does to discredit my personal view that is your perogative

Is controversy the only way to make Alliance interesting in your view? I would find that tiresome, classic medieval-ish setting with political intrigue has been done so many times now that it’s nearly impossible to do it in a new and interesting way.

It’s funny though, controversy is exactly what has driven me away from Horde ever since Cata. In TBC and WotLK I was having a lot of fun leveling my tauren shaman and troll mage and even somewhat identified with the faction as a whole, but ever since Thrall got neutral’d I’ve found it very difficult to play either of them. I much preferred the Horde as noble savages that found harmony despite their rough and disparate pasts.

It’s fun to be on the evil and naughty side

This is my zandalari Druid, seducing you

13 Likes

Darnit i laughed!

I answered this: the Horde has a far larger talent pool to choose from. This doesn’t mean they have to be objectively better, but it does mean that the Horde has more than enough players that can cross a certain threshold (in my example, mythic raiding) than the Alliance.

The Alliance can have the absolute best Mythic raiding team in the world, but that’s just twenty, maybe thirty players, while the Horde can have thousands of players who just barely squeak by on Mythic Jaina, but they have thousands of players, which means many more guilds, and many more players improving and thriving in that environment.

More importantly, the Horde got paladins and the Alliance got shaman.

3 Likes

Maybe the alliance would get less horses if ya’ll stopped beating on the dead ones, or beating the new ones to death for that matter.

7 Likes

Alliance tears, delicious <3

4 Likes

I have always wonder where blood elf was given to horde to improve numbers. When I played back then horde was growing and catching up to the alliance at the end of vanilla. Can someone point the way?

Side, note alliance side is the role player side. Not sure why. But they have a lot of them. They also have a lot of collectors also. Both make that side boring as all can be.

I’ve played both sides since Vanilla but the horde more than alliance. I’ve always felt the people on the alliance are a lot nicer, lol. At least the community I’ve come across is more pleasant.

If you spend enough time on either faction though you’ll find good people.

2 Likes

Horde attracted more experienced gamers from the beginning because it was different.

Using myself as an example, as a gamer pushing 50, I’ve been playing humans/gnomes/dwarves/elves since the 1970’s. The Horde was different and fresh.

Since Horde had a lot more experienced players, Horde started off punching above its weight.

In vanilla, Horde was an unfinished faction. Many quests still had placeholder text, Sylvanas used a Night Elf model (lulz), etc. Horde was also at a disadvantage in raids (no Pally buffs, no Fear Ward). As a result of these things (among others), Alliance massively outnumbered Horde in vanilla and dominated in raiding, but Horde was doing better than it should have given its immensely lower population. (And, btw, the population disparity in vanilla was FAR worse than it is today.)

In BC, Blood Elves got added which even out the populations some, and both sides now had Paladins. But Horde still had that experienced, long-time-gamer advantage, and started to pull ahead. From there it was a snowball effect, since Horde did better, it attracted more people who wanted to do better. And here we are, today.

3 Likes

Well when you have world teams all being horde !!!

There will be players who wan -na -be like them and migrate to horde, if they are good or bad at all is irrelevant as their raiding and pvp population just booms

This will however eventual lead with horde being handicapped for the alliance like the recent warmode gear debacle and also the ever present honor boost for alliance bgs.

It will get worse :rofl:

Oh look, a troll with low hanging fruit.

1 Like

The primary population tool in vanilla was the warcraftrealms census tool, which was much less accurate than the tools we have today (like realmpop).

However, if memory serves, Alliance was like 70% of the playerbase back in vanilla. They easily outnumbered Horde 2-to-1.

1 Like

Really? Did not seem that way to me. Must been on just my server.