Why are Heirlooms still not working?

They said they would work once the raids were out. Most still say 1 to 80.

If I recall correctly, it wasn’t till WoD/Legion that you could upgrade the original heirlooms to scale past 80. To 90/100~ whatever before Shadow lands deleting them basically.

• Currently the Guild Vendor Cataclysm heirlooms scale to 85.

So… working as intended?

1 Like

You can technically still use the lvl 80 heirlooms till 85 without having any problems. Stats like experience gain is static and the base stats are gonna be pretty decent still. I would probably just use the helm, cloak (both 85) and chest/shoulders (both 80) all the way to 85. Just upgrade the weapons and smalls items with quest gear or dungeon gear.

Is that what they said? I thought that was in reference to the Helm and Cloak that only scaled to 80 before the raids came out.

:woman_shrugging:

5 Likes

The experience gain is disabled past the level listed on the heirloom. This has been tested.

5 Likes

Thought they meant the cloak, helm, and legs only? The chest/shoulders never worked past 80 in OG cata.

Welp there goes my plan

I have tested this myself. No, you cannot use level 80 capped heirlooms for bonus xp til 85. If you do not trust me that is perfectly fine. Test it for yourself.

3 Likes

Nailed it.

If they do a copy of retail, most usable till 85 is not happening till half way or 3/4 into the expac runtime.

Retail doesn’t release the upgrade item till then.

Right now the Ribbon buff is +10% exp for killing mobs, up to 60 minutes as well.

You can also use an “Adventurer’s Journal” for a RNG chance to get “Learning By Example” +10% quest EXP buff for 60 minutes.