Why are Coalescing Visions capped at 25,000?

Title. :confused: I didn’t know this, and was saving my visions to buy the vessels all at once this week.

Turned in the new minor assault, rewarded 5500 Visions.

I only received 2600 because I was capped at 25,000. I lost 2,900 Coalescing Visions because there’s a cap at a ridiculously low number (relative to how many you get) for no reason. :confused:

Like, why isn’t it 50,000 (the amount for 5 Vessels)? Now I feel like I’m way behind people on visions because of this. (I’m well aware the cape is capped at 6 this week, 7 next week, but that still puts me 3000 visions behind on the grind for Mementos, etc.)

6 Likes

Wow you got f’d and thanks for the heads up!

1 Like

Uhh, I lost about half of one of the 10k quests for the same reason. Didn’t even realize there was a cap that could be reached during the intro quests lol.

1 Like

The reward in the quest window should have had red text.

Almost made the same mistake but bought a vial before turning in one of the 10k quests.

As for why… No damn clue. Blizz seems to be very much against hoarding and planning ahead.

Might be a liability thing and they want to avoid kids dying because they game would reward grinding for 24+ hours.

I was thinking about this earlier, esp for people who want to quickly do an assault on alts and not do all the cloak upgrades back-to-back.

The cap really should be at 50k minimum.

2 Likes

Yea there should have been SOME implication other than mousing over Coalescing Visions. Not everyone does that. I have legit OCD and I don’t even do that. (It’s also why I tried to save up all my visions for the week to do at once)

25k is just way too low when the assaults give 10k and 5.5k, respectively.

1 Like

I make it a point to always check cap after finding out bonus rolls were capped at 5.

1 Like

Honestly I’m not even sure WHY there is a cap at 25k.

Mementos go well over 100k, as did Timeless Isle Coins. They’re the primary reason I didn’t think it’d be capped.

3 Likes

I had the exact same thing happen to me. Luckily I have 3 vessels in my bag so it wasnt such a big loss

I imagine the cap is just an undersight OR a way for them to limit you from spamming cloak upgrades with carries in later weeks. However, i do agree there should be some more noticable warning like red text or a pop up.

Removal of the cap would only benefit the casual but hurt the top end where they’ll abuse anything to gear a op class in a day.

They added this cap the day before patch launch when they implemented the time gating for the cloak. It’s a poorly designed measure to stop you from hoarding visions/vessels until you have a high level cloak to spam runs.

1 Like

better off just logging off and waiting for when the assualts are back up…

10k for a vessel, you get 50 from dailies and crap from rares and chests, thats if you have time to fly around these zones.

To make it even they should make dailies all 1k so it actually means something

Bump for same exact issue. How am I supposed to know what is in the cache?? and Why wouldn’t it just tell me “You have too many of that item”. Nope just /delete. Why? Cause…

1 Like

How do you get a high level cloak without using visions/vessels…

Now I am afraid to check mine when I get home.

1 Like

They are capped to keep collectors and people who want the backpack and mount playing throughout the whole patch and not just farm it all at once.