Why are 40 man premades aloud to que into pug bgs?

Oh, okay dad.

Thanks, Mom.

:thinking:

1 Like

:thinking: indeed. I hear conflicting answers and the blue post doesn’t specify. But, I don’t play Classic so I won’t be finding out.

They allow it in Classic means they recognize the system is different on Retail.

Different in that the Retail system doesn’t allow you to queue up in a premade raid.

1 Like

this is pulled from a very old post, but I imagine the sentiment is the same. I’ll just drop this here and watch the chaos ensue.

just google Blizzard takes a stand against pre-made battleground groups.

the question he was responding to specifically mentions O-Queue, but it’s essentially the same deal

I would upload the picture, but I don’t know how

2 Likes

~https://www.engadget.com/2012-12-05-blizzard-takes-a-stand-against-pre-mades-battleground-groups.html

1 Like

You and your fancy level 3 posting privilege.

1 Like

We were queuing with 15 for AV in wrath prepatch. I distinctly remember higher numbers in another guild on grobbulus.

Well no, oqueue was an addon that they did break.

"Perhaps this seemed to be your personal experience, but I assure you that this was far from generally the case. Regardless, what of the games that you played that weren’t against other pre-mades? Just hapless casualties to your fun, I suppose?

Based on your enthusiasm for “true Player vs Player” combat, I’m sure that you’ll find War Games and Rated Battlegrounds quite compelling."

From the link above.

“What is true that there’s been an increase in pre-made groups disrupting the PvP experience for other players, though. Pre-mades in the normal queue, however they are formed, are not something that we’ve ever been particularly fond of.”

1 Like

“There have been no suspensions over this issue.”

Basically comes down to — it doesn’t matter what Blizzard says unless I get suspended.

2 Likes

If that’s what you take from his statement.

1 Like

That’s what I get from your quote from his statements.

3 Likes

That’s literally what all of these threads always boil down to. Detractors mud-slinging then are forced to admit that Blizzard hasn’t done anything. At this point, it’s like televangelists predicting the end times, only slightly more hilarious.

1 Like

the sentiment is the same, regardless of whether or not you’re using an addon to achieve what you’re aiming to do. to create a largely organized group in an unorganized setting

anyone who would disagree with that sentiment would be doing so deliberately and disingenuously.

my personal take is that I don’t really care, but I do believe that premade groups in BGs that create a level of organization disproportionate to the opposing team, to a certain degree, are unhealthy for the game.

1 Like

Yes that it is not punishable.