Why Anduin is one of the main characters in TWW?

Even then I wouldn’t call him a main character in Legion. Khadgar, Illidan and Velen are the main cast for Legion imo. Also for BFA tbh. Jaina and Talanji scream “main character” status for BFA than Anduin.

Shadowlands I will give you though. Since he was vital to Zovaals plans.

I mean Anduin was more of a main character in MoP compared to Legion and BFA imo. Anduins only real spotlight moment in Legion was the cinematic where he journeys to the Broken Shore to come to terms with his fathers death. BFA had him in the expansion cinematic sure, but he did not really play a major role in the story afterwards outside of the Battle for Dazar’alor epilogue for Alliance and later punching Wrathion in the face.

But on the other hand, him becoming king was so important that Blizzard pushed out an announcement that all players, “whether Alliance or Horde,” absolutely needed to see the cinematic. I cannot recall them ever doing anything similar for any other character in the whole game.

1 Like

I would swap the term “main character” for “major character.”

Anduin gets a lot of screen time every expac, while many other established characters get no screen time, and newer characters are shuffled off the stage as soon as they make their appearance.

Anduin has a lot of appearances and drives a lot of the plot in Legion and BfA. As Legion starts off, he is referred to in the opening cinematic, when Varian is going to sacrifice himself. Anduin being a motivation for his heroism. Later, Anduin sends Genn and Rogers to surveil Sylvanas, which leads to the events in Stormheim. He also has a quest line on the Broken Shore with a cinematic.

I don’t know how anyone could argue about his presence in BfA. He is all over the place, for both Factions. From the cinematics, through to the game play. From the pre expac novel and to the artwork. He takes a breather for the Nazjatar patch but he is right back in it for a cinematic with Wrathion.

If the spotlight or focus has room for 5 characters , Anduin seems to be the constant. While Jaina, Thrall, and a few others get rotated in to fill the other 4 spots.

Dragonflight was mercifully Anduin free, but even then, people are standing around openly wondering “where’s Anduin? I wonder what he is doing right now” - that moment with Baine and Mayla comes to mind, as well as the moments between Genn and Shaw.

Like that Simpsons episode where Homer suggests everyone should ask “where’s Poochie?” If he isn’t on screen.

8 Likes

Even TBC, Wrath, WoD and DF?

The poster mentioned the expacs from Legion forward, that’s what I was referring to.

I then mentioned how people stand around asking about him even when he isn’t there, in DF.

3 Likes

Is Anduin the main character? Depends on what you mean by “main”. It isn’t “the trials of Anduin in Azeroth”. There are things that matter that aren’t about him.

He is, however, the biggest and most involved character be quite a large margin (at least of those who aren’t the villain of the story)

4 Likes

No, it’s Thrall, which is why Thrall has been featured the most in marketing material and TWW is centred around Thrall. Thrall is the central protagonist of TWW, as the TWW revolves around helping Thrall rekindle his connection to the Elements. You’ll see.

You are dishonest again it seems. Stop this nonsense. Thrall hasn’t even been close to show up in the story as much as Anduin did.

2 Likes