Why all the Void elf hate?

I dont understand the void elf hate. As a BE DK from a RP perspective I can RP a true Knight of the Ebonblade between the 2 factions, having a toon in both factions I can visually make look the same as the same character to RP one character. Pandaren are the only other in game race you could rp like that.

4 Likes

Because they’re not all accounted for.

Two most common reasons I see given are…

1. We’re dirty dirty traitors, normally said by a Blood Elf, which… I mean kinda fair.

2. We’re a corrupt a wish from Blizzard meant specifically to piss off people who want High Elves and thus are undeserving of anything. Also our lore is normally claimed to not exist at all at the same time.

I’ll grant them the lack of lore bit…

Edit:
Want to talk about high elves? I made a thread.

I also have threads for Void and Blood elves!

30 Likes

My problem with VEs is the push from players wanting them to be high elves in all but the name. “Give us blond hair, fair skin, blue eyes, blah blah”

24 Likes

One side views them as stealing from the Blood Elves. The other side wanted “uncorrupted High Elves”. Personally, I kind of like them and think Blizzard needs to lean harder into the Void aesthetics.

26 Likes

Can’t trust these void lovers

They’ll bring destruction to us all

1 Like

Players been asking for HEs since vanilla, yet Blizz pushed out VEs, that was non-existent until they pulled lore out of thin air to make them existent.

Then they push non-VE customizations onto them so players could make them look less VE, stealing identity from BEs.

14 Likes

Im content being an Alliance Blood Elf.

6 Likes

because unfortunately void elves were a half backed comprimise to the call for high elves. they’re an interesting idea but they added them and have done nothing with them since. so they’ve basically become discount high elves

9 Likes

they hate us cause they aint us

9 Likes

yea pretty much these two mostly.
i for one loudly yell the traitor one lol
belves ftw!

4 Likes

I hate them because when they first came out I loved the concept of them being something different from the normal High Elf/Blood Elf and then they got ruined and made into much worse versions of High Elves/Blood Elves with really bad hair, legit I cannot stand how bad all of their hairstyles are because ugh.

9 Likes

Because it’s literally just a Blood Elf but on the Alliance.

3 Likes

I think of them the same way I think of Mag’har, should’ve come from Outland. :robot:

edit: Not out of hate, just wanted the story to be simple. :robot::newspaper_roll:

2 Likes

Because Blizz went out of their way to NOT give us High Elves.

13 Likes

To me it just felt like an incredibly lazy allied race, just like Lightforged Dreanei and Mag’har Orcs. Mag’har I can give a little slack to since they are technically “built” different since they’re untainted Orcs, but it’s weird when you allow brown skin as an option to normal Orcs.

The only “copy” type of allied race that I’d give a pass to is Mecha Gnomes and the upcoming dwarves.

To add, what makes a Void Elf, different from a Blood Elf who is a Shadow Priest? Or a Dreanei Paladin vs a Light Forged Dreanei Paladin? Just because one believes a little bit more or something? Just comes off as lazy.

3 Likes

Didnt the high elves of Quelthalas come from the NEs of Kalimdor after the 1st BL invasion? Im confused on what character model was expected to represent the High Elf race then? Because even according to the lore NE’s came from Trolls in the first place. Is Azshara is considered a high elf or Nightborne?

Highborne would be my best answer. . :mag::robot:

Because they didn’t want to give the alliance High Elves. Claiming they couldn’t differentiate them enough from the blood elves.

-Looks at fat sailor humans-

11 Likes

It really depended on the people. The problem now is with the number of new territories we’ve found it’s opened up more to the Elves and their lore. You got High Elves, Blood Elves (who are pretty much High Elves) Night Elves, Highborne, San’Layn, to some extent even the Naga. You have to remember though the Elves were pretty big, just like the Troll Empire was.

“Back in the day” in vanilla and you can see it in classic High Elf NPCs were around and used NE model.

Thing is though Elves are just evolved Trolls who hung out around the Well of the Eternity. Night Elves dealt more with nature and were physically stronger while High Elves dealt more with the arcane. Perfect examples compare Malf to Azshara (before she changed).

3 Likes