Why 8 hour maintenance?

Could be someone keeps stubbing their toe on something in a server room and got union backing on it being a safety concern, so they need to totally reorganize stuff and with breaks and everything it will just take most of the day to do it.

Maybe they’re also redoing honor calculations for the past couple of weeks.

And then making sure the calculations are correct.

You guys member in WoTLK and earlier the maintenance was usually 6 hours long

I member.

Now they just restart the servers usually to clear the memory leak from the buggy server code.

Even though you have made a tread titled “Why 8 hour maintenance”, someone will be here tomorrow complaining about how long its taking and demanding to get their quarter reimbursed.

1 Like

I swear I remember it as the 12th too. Not even joking.

Mandela affect for yah.

Hopefully it’s that first patch that includes key rings. Im also hoping it includes a bunch of bug fixes as well.

Edit: And Im right lol.

1 Like

Winter Veil, BG patch

It’s been scheduled for the 10th for some time.

1 Like

Yeah I get that. For some reason I thought it was the 12th.

Blizzard only does scheduled maintenance on Tuesdays.

Wow, all y’all joking about the keyring, but it’s actually happening

It’s so they can keep track of how crazy WE (the playerbase) are.

Can you imagine the stored logs showing WHO has logged on and WHEN?

I’d imagine it paints a pretty pathetic picture.

And… don’t be offended, we’re all crazy here.

if its not a key ring, im rioting.

Because coding the old key ring code into the Legion client is still in progress.

Obviously things beyond your/my comprehension.

without a long maintenance, the game wouldn’t be able to handle the raw power of the keyring.

I would assume that if there was not a need for a long maintenance, they would not have a long maintenance. And maintenance can actually mean that - they may need to, y’know, put some WD40 on the cogs or feed the hamsters.

But all joshing aside, if it is considered a patch that needs to be put across all the servers that exist in Classic, it’s probably a fair bit of work and needs to be tested to make sure it is all working as intended.

Get out into the world, enjoy life beyond the game. Me, I get it happening overnight so its not such a huge deal.