Who would win a real life Invasion?

My best friend and i are wondering who would win in a real life invasion. If the entire orc race invaded modern day earth in rl, who would win? All humans world wide vs all orcs from World of Warcraft. Humans would have everything we currently have in real life and orcs would have their classes, racial abilities, pets, all sources of war…etc. Who do you think would win?

We would.

We have guns.

1 Like

true but they would also have spells and abilities which would make them a lot harder to kill…

There’s almost 8 billion of us, and we are spread out with much more advanced technology.

The Draenei would roflstomp us from space though

And we could roflstomp them from space, too.

We could get shots off a lot quicker than they can cast those spells.

• Orc cuteness would be their most formidable weapon. Not sure if they know how to play on that, though.

Not the Draenei. They have interstellar travel. The amount of technology they possess outclasses humanity by FAR.

But they suck as pilots and they have that weird religion so if they do attack, I hope it’s on another continent.

• Y’know, if both orcs and spacegoats attacked, we’d probably make friends with the orcs then have them go after the spacegoats.

Blood elves would come down and bring peace to all with their delights

Orcs. We’ve proven as a species we can’t “fight” a passive enemy which can be largely defeated by a little bit of cloth and soap - what hope do we have against an organised enemy which is actively seeking conquest?

After all, you’re going to get “pro orc” groups popping up. And people denying there are even orcs to begin with. The few that do organise a resistance of sorts (including true military forces, not just militia) we be met by fierce opposition from these others, undermining their efforts almost to the point of futility.

But, hey, at least we’ll get new names for everything that used to have “green” in it.

2 Likes

You could be right. All the orcs would have to do is claim to be downtrodden and that’d be it.

It’d be over. We’d lose.

R/L Nato forces vs. Orcs from Draenor?
The Orcs would be not decimated, but Annihilated. Crushed. Destroyed.
Obliterated… They wouldn’t have the numbers to make up for their inferior weaponry.

1 Like

Well for one, they wouldn’t even see it coming. Most of human tactical warfare happens from afar, and involve aircraft/naval ships from hundreds of miles away.

If they were hostile in the form they are now, they would absolutely lose, even with fel magic due to the sheer number of humans and our technology.

The only way they could defeat us would be a long drawn out urban guerrilla war. And that time table is in the hundreds of years, and likely humanity and those Orcs remaining would find it not worthwhile and come to some kind of understanding. Like Thrall and the new Horde.

Seeing as orcs have to be propped up by all their allies, I’d give the nod to the humans just by numbers but there are other reasons I feel the orcs would lose.

• Humans have a large technological advantage.
  • Orcs will get sick, and probably die off en mass, due to various diseases that we’ve built up an immunity to or have been vaccinated against.
  • Not sure if orc shamans will have much, if any, connection to the elements on Earth

If any orcs want to forgo this I have a spare bedroom. Bonus points if they can cook.

/ponders if he can count said orc as a dependent on his taxes :thinking:

2 Likes

It would be no contest. It would probably be even less of a contest if we weren’t using intermediate cartridges designed to do nasty things to humans, since Orcs are really big meaty bois who may take a lot more bullets than a human to take down. But it’d still be no contest. That’s what artillery is for.

Within 72 hours of showing up anywhere on the continental US the Orc Horde would be surrounded by US Ground troops.

Within a week of showing up anywhere on the continental US they’d be trapped and starving to death inside a steadily shrinking perimeter as thousands of aircraft drop tens of thousands of bombs on them from far outside of any range they could hope to retaliate at.

I’d give it a month before the last starving, shell-shocked orc is rooted out of a hole in the ground and shot.

Pick anywhere else on the planet and the time-scale goes up, but the result is the same.

1 Like

Thinking way too far into this. They would set up camp and by the time they attacked Jeff Bezos would already be there trying to sell them Fire Tablets, they’d get hooked on Game of Thrones, then just after the ending hit, we’d decimate them at their weakest moment.