Who joined classic because what they secretly wanted TBC

Nice ignore when you are confronted with an argument you can not refute. Btw it was a great idea they in-house tested AQ 40. It just works

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkSuU5z2huY

Can not wait for TBC. I remember when the current client had tbc values in 1.13 for certain items that possibly could not have existed in a 1.12 client. Pserver TBC inc <3

Can’t wait when the TBC forums come out and people from Wrath are polluting the topics on the /tbc forums. Getting my popcorn ready.

2 Likes

Anything announced yet?

<—Here solely for vanilla classic

This is an opinion… I am not in the slightest bit let down by Classic. My only issue is Real Life forced me to take a break from February to October.

/raises hand

I avoided this like the plague but came back because my brother and multiple friends kept asking me to. They joined because of TBC and the main reason I ended up joining after them asking was as a build up to TBC.

Sorry, I am not a fan of WotLK even though I was good at it. But I hated what they did to PvP, class diversity and what they turned feral into where you were stuck speccing into making 1 form virtually useless, bear form being practically useless in PvP, and your PvP style turning into a DPS rogue racing for healing procs.

My ideal scenario is one where they release TBC. Then they actually address issues they didn’t address the first time around. With suggestions I posted before here:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/hypothetical-a-tbc-server-what-would-you-change-while-keeping-it-balanced/675729

And then, do like the last Terminator did, pretending that everything after part 2 didn’t happen and then go from there. And hopefully they don’t screw up and try and remove talent trees, remove the primary stats from actually doing what they do now, or trying to split cat and bear up.

Likely won’t happen, but I can hope.

I actually WASNT going to play classic because I much preferred tbc/wotlk.

Now I’m kinda sad it’s almost over, mostly because mages are probably the best they’ll ever be compared to tbc/wotlk and also my favorite class : D!

Classic isn’t going anywhere. Make a mage. It’ll be there forever. No matter how Blizzard handles it, there’s no way they’ll FORCE players to transfer to TBC servers.

No secret about it. I prefer classic to retail, but I still consider this the BC waiting room.

100% but was no secret, BC is top dog when it comes to anything WoW

Love classic but TBC is what I’ve really been waiting for. TBC hit the sweet spot for what I enjoy about WoW.

Nope. Just people’s personals speculations.

Not per se. After it turned out legacy would be vanilla, I was happy to have legacy at all, but yes I also hoped that it’d be very successful and lead to expansions. Honestly, I thought for sure they’d only do 1 version of the game for legacy because they were already complaining about classic being like running 2 MMO’s and they definitely wouldn’t wanna do more than that. To my surprised they said they were willing to do BC before classic even launched.

But it was always a dream to be able to switch between vanilla, BC, and wrath whenever I want and I really would play em all. That’s so much stuff to do between the 3 of em. I’d be plenty happy if they said yeah we’re stopping at BC too though. Anything is better than Cata-current.

1 Like

I joined for Naxx, it starts this week and I want to do it till my eyes bleed. I can’t wait to see guilds have it on farm mode like it should have been back in the day.

After that I will welcome TBC.

If you want TBC that bad, you might as well continued playing retail because it’s nearly the exact same garbage.

Saying things like that make me think you never played TBC. Or retail.

Coincidentally,

You thinking otherwise makes me believe the same about you.

I think otherwise because TBC and BfA are nothing alike in terms of gameplay, character advancement, or social interactions.

1 Like

I quit after original TBC, but I have no interest in taking this character to TBC if it means that I lose the level 60 version of this character.
I put way too much time into building this character to go through a reset.

The gear replacement wheel that started in TBC is why I quit originally.

I love the fact that specific items in earlier raids are still useful throughout the game. Items that I earned a year ago like BRE, DJB, QSR, etc. still have a long life, and I’ve gotten items more recently that will still prove the test of time in classic.

Despite the obviously rough itemization for certain classes/specs and in some cases across the board, the longevity of loot in classic is a major plus, and it’s long been one of the strongest aspects of the game.

So yeah even though I enjoyed TBC, I don’t want this character negatively impacted.

I’d rather just sit around playing BGs with whoever stays behind and maybe dabble in some TBC on a copy or just a “fresh” level 58 warrior or whatever they implement.

Let’s see:

Watered down the Horde to the point the faction is garbage now.
Flying
Daily Quest
Arena
Dungeon Difficulty (Normal/Heroic)
Major Class Overhauls
New Zone
Trivializing Past Content in favor of new content
Dungeon Finder
Raid size nerfs
etc.

There are plenty of topics about how The Burning Crusade changed WoW into what is now retail.

People are just in denial that that the expansion they started in, is the undisputed trash that ruined WoW.

Notice everyone on Youtube and this forum keeps begging for TBC changes too…yeah…

https://www.reddit.com/r/classicwow/comments/9nlkgl/did_burning_crusade_really_change_up_wow_from/

1 Like