Who is the most iconic Blizzard character?

I have never played Starcraft and have no idea who that is. Only character I know from that franchise is Tychus (he’s the one with the cigar, right?).

I’d probably vote Thrall or Arthas as most iconc. Maybe even murlocs.

PS - With all the successful video game adaptations lately, I’m kind of surprised Blizz isn’t working on trying to get a TV show made.

Warcraft: Thrall, Jaina, Arthas, Illidan, Garrosh, Sylvanas, Varian.
Starcraft: Raynor, Tychus, Kerrigan, Zeratul.
Diablo: Diablo, Azmodan, any of the Nephalem from Diablo 3.
Overwatch: Tracer, Reaper, Winston, Genji, Mercy, Roadhog, Junkrat.

At least, this is how it appears to me.

I have to say in my case, Diablo. Diablo1 was my first Blizzard game, and although I can’t stand it today it was quite amazing at the time. That Sean Connery impression, I really thought it was him at first! I never could play my way out of a paper bag in rts games so the only bits of earlier warcrafts I was familiar with was the few times one of my friends had it and I watched a cutscene or two.

When I came to this I knew exactly what I was getting: Everquest Lite with Warcraft skins. I’ve never really cared for the “named characters” in this game, in that I play it to create my own characters, not to fall in love with something the devs dreamed up.

“But Tom, certainly you must know SOMETHING about the lore after all these years?” Yeah, I get it in broad strokes. Still not the reason I’m here, but to a degree you learn it by osmosis.

My vote is still diablo. That was the first game I played with real time internet connectivity as well, meaning I may have played some turn based billboard games in the pre-internet days, but that’s not the same thing as seeing both people on screen at the same time actually doing things.

I disagree, 100% it’s thrall.

It might change as the years pass by, but as of now: Arthas Menethil.
He was the key character when WoW (Most successful IP) was at its peak.

Illidan before him. And random Orc before Illidan.

What came first? Diablo or Warcraft? Cuz I was gonna say Diablo if its before Warcraft

Diablo is King

Warcraft Orcs and Humans was in 94, Diablo 1 was 96, and Starcraft was 98

Unless it’s animated, it’ll probably get as resounding a meh as the movie did.

I have no idea who those beings you just named are, and I’ve been playing WoW since like 2008.

Ghostcrawler

Idk about the world-at-large, but for me it’s Thrall, with Medivh a close second, followed by Arthas.

Gromash Hellscream , Tycondrius, Windrunner, Illidan, Malfurion, Tyrande Whisperwind, Jaina, Uther, Arthas

i vote for

4 Likes

Arthas only lasted through one expansion so I have to go with Anduin who has been around the longest until SL. :dracthyr_yay_animated:

Sylvy. Always. <3

I dont know if she had a name but the NE on the original world of warcraft box when released.

If you want to go into the literal side of it, its Thrall.
Statues. Doomhammer statue. Lore. How much the fans love him.
Nobody even knew about lilith until now, so why even mention them?
Sylvanas is like, in the top 25 maybe.
Arthas is Top 5 with Illidan, Raynor, Tracer, and Decard Cain.

If you don’t think Decard Cain is the most epic character in all of Blizzard…you are factually incorrect.

Arthas, probably.

There’s probably more people who have never played a warcraft game and know Arthas than anything else.

As far as the Horde goes, it’s Thrall. One of these fine days he’s going to shake off that funk he’s going through and come back like gangbusters when we need him the most. Then some “Big Bad” is gonna pay.

1 Like