Who is the most iconic Blizzard character?

The thing about Arthas is that people only care about him because he became the Lich King. If you’re gonna ask non-WoW people about Arthas, you don’t say Arthas, you say Lich King.

And Overwatch is just more recent memory. I don’t think Tracer is more iconic outside of the fact that shes part of that one meme song.

Arthas. Lich King. He did nothing wrong.
Whatever you call him, 90% of the people I know have no clue lol.

Recent memory? Sure. But the Lich King was the poster boy of SL which is far more recent than OW1. 2016 isn’t that recent. And OW2 was a pretty big flop, it didn’t really go mainstream.

And then there’s Diablo. Diablo is a Blizzard Character but also a game. If we put it to a poll and a bunch of people voted Diablo would it be accurate. Many could just recognize it thanks to the game title. :thinking:

1 Like

my friends know overwatch more and have actually played it on and off. probably tracer widowmaker sombra all my friends know them they have no clue about wow. they do know lich king but nothing about him.

1 Like

Hogger

5 Likes

I think the most iconic WoW character is Hogger 100%

1 Like

I thought those were dreadnoughts. I am disappointed.

Damn this got me tearing up. Ill never forgive Sylvanus for Saurfang. Last of the true Orcs!

2 Likes

I just gotta say this is seriously the best thing i’ve ever seen and I saved it for future use

1 Like

Eh, I think it’s the Human & Orc on the box of Warcraft as a whole.

They used it for WoW in BfA, which was supposedly about WoW’s roots but really wasn’t lol. Warfronts were supposed to function like an in-person RTS but went poorly.

Random Human Soldier and Random Orc Soldier get my vote.

Orc Peon and Human Peasant would be a close second. Everyone knows the peons’ sayings. Zug-zug and whatnot. The units are kinda iconic.

1 Like

But I think the Warcraft 3/ The Frozen Thone might be more iconic here. A Night Elf, Orc and Arthas/The Lich King

Tyrael is also lowkey a pretty big character for people who aren’t really into blizzard games. No one knows his name but they all know what he looks like as an angel. He was on everyone’s desktop screensaver for a while too

Idk between kerrigan and lich king which would be more recognized by people

1 Like

I guess it all depends on when people started playing Warcraft, if it was WC3 then you’d be seeing those, and I do think the art in general is better lol, especially the Frozen Throne covers.

1 Like

True! I think its probably heavily dependent on when you started playing. WC3 and WC3:TFT were just like crack for me lol. I played so many custom games and stuff there on the game.

1 Like

I’m only missing the azure noodleserpent, I’m gonna go get me one tonight {◕ ◡ ◕}

I can never forgive kerrigan for killing fenix because his bromance with raynor was threatening their relationship.

Duke had it comin though.

Arthus, then thrall, hands down, no one even comes close to them, after that probably some mix of Illidan, Jaina, uhhhhh tyrande?

Starcraft is dead, no one remembers Kerrigan

and it is Arthas.

1 Like

Tossup between Arthas and Thrall

3 Likes

Realistically, probably Kerrigan, yeah.

In reality…
It’s probably…

Mankrik’s wife.

4 Likes