Who is som for?

Until the dev team communicates more changes I have no idea what type of player SoM is designed for. All of these changes go in opposite directions. I’d like to play it and see busy servers, but right now I expect the servers to be dead past BWL.

7 Likes

Is that your go to response? Telling people that they haven’t played as much as you have? I have probably played a lot more of classic and classic iterations than yourself. It’s funny that the few people advocating for no changes, are the ones that didn’t actually play a lot of classic at all.

Either that, or you are unemployed and have all the time in the day to sit afk waiting for world buffs to drop. We will see what happens when SoM is released. But I’m positive the lack of world buffs and shorter timeline will just mean people have to play the game more and find ways of gearing outside of raids.

And like I said, if you can’t clear AQ because a few players don’t have a QSR or accuria, then you just have a bad raid. The only few people who are going to need these bis items like car door will be your main tanks, you act like these items just aren’t going to drop at all in 12 months.

Dps and healers will be able to get enough gear to do enough. Not everyone needs full bis.

No, I know you haven’t played as many iterations as you claim because you would truly know the impact of no world buffs on the server life. I own my own business, I still got my buffs. You are just a lazy raider.

1 Like

Out over a year? Fresh hasn’t even released.

And yes…it’s rushed content. Have you not read the Blue post? The raids are being released at an exceptionally faster pace than originally and even faster than it was in Classic.

Do you really think there are going to be a lot of players who will have time to get adequately geared for Naxx? Less time to gear + no world buffs + buffed bosses + more mechanics. I’m sure for the few dozen hardcore Vanilla players it’ll be great. For the other 99% it offers nothing.

3 Likes

Precisely.

I still got my world buffs too. I wasn’t a lazy raider, you know nothing about me. Was your business a dole collection business in which you walked down to collect your unemployment cheque once a week?

World buffs are bad for the game. Loot obsessed drama queens thinking they need full bis to clear content are generally the first to quit the guild anyway, so I doubt you’ll last for long on SoM if the sped up cadence is such a huge deal. Just play on classic era and you can spend the next eternity gearing up and less time complaining about not getting full bis.

I own 3 centralized car washes. Again, I am not telling you that clearing these raids are going to be DIFFICULT, I’m telling you that you are not going to be able to keep up with the amount of time needed to clear everything on a no wbuff server. Deep within yourself you also know this. Nothing about the game is hard or ever will be.

1 Like

Own 3 car washes or work at your dad’s car wash a few hours a week? Yeah, and SoM changes are directed at being more challenging. Classic was not difficult in the slightest as you said.

So why are you whinging so much that the game is going to be slightly more challenging? Isn’t that what we all wanted? More challenging, without the hassle of being forced to spend hours literally afking hours to prepare for an easy raid that would’ve been easy anyway and only taken maybe an extra half hour to an hour.

I own them. As in, I made investments when I was younger, sold, bought these, and make over 200k a year. Nice try though. And because, the game WILL NOT be more challenging. Not even slightly. The time sink will increase dramatically. All because you didn’t want to get world buffs, or because you are still infuriated that XlegolasX ganked you with your buffs. You rolled on a pvp server, probably don’t even pvp, and are mad that the wind blows where it wants

Sounds like you live a great life in the magical land of make belief. Definitely doesnt sound like you’re too busy to farm world buffs and full consumes.

Incase you didn’t notice, the vast majority didn’t want world buffs, which is why they are removing them. The sweats/unemployed are the only ones who want them in the game.

World buffs are still in classic era so if SoM is going to be such a dive because we don’t have the worst part of classic in them then just play there. You won’t be missed.

You were the one who asked about my employment, so there’s your answer. Blizzard goes off the surveys, nobody who is anybody fills those out. The people who don’t want word buffs typically have never played vanilla before, and that’s fine. SoM s1 will be a good lesson for those people, when the server instantly becomes a barren wasteland

1 Like

Yeah, I was expecting a real answer though not a fairytale response. Well maybe you guys should of filled out the survey. Then instead of 99% not wanting world buffs, it might’ve been 98% not wanting world buffs. But yeah time will tell.

Time will tell indeed

Bud, fresh is just classic with a few minor changes. It isn’t a brand new game. Are you lost or something?

1 Like

You’re not wrong the changes that they’re making aren’t bad but the problem is it’s not going to be enough.

I mean Is everyone’s delusional if they honestly think that the Removal of debuff limit is really going to help boomies and repaledans.

No If you really want to go there honestly I could think As far as rep paladins go I could think of one change that they They could do for red right now.

Is on seal of command get rid of the RNG mechanic and just make it when you hit.

Is that would increase retributions damage immensely Now would it be enough to make them even Is 10% as strong as Warriors no.

But it would certainly help

How many threads do we need ? Just don’t play it. No we aren’t getting wrath balancing . Wrath was a garbage expansion . SoM is for people that want classic fresh with some minor changes. That’s it. If it does well they will make another season with some other minor changes. If it doesn’t they will close it and move on. How can people be this dense. We don’t need every meme spec to be viable and all classes homogenized. I played those expansions . They sucked.

3 Likes

1st off wath was where class Balancing was at its best Is overall 2nd of all Class balancing was never a priority with blizzard after that.

It’s very clear that it wasn’t you can look through cataclysm through even shadow lands.

On top of that so basically what you’re saying is you just want to live on the salad you’re playing a little bit and then move on has as a case in wide even bother.

Classic is an amazing template that can be something Incredible as far as every mean speck being raid viable it’s being rayed vitable why why is that a bad thing.

Because heaven forbid people actually see the problems because it sounds like everyone is an asking for class balancing as a whole.

Wrath was not a garbage expansion did it have its problems yes But if we’re really comparing Is apples to apples here classic had more problems than wrath did.

And actually had less problems than well quite frankly most expansions after did There was never a perfect expansion in classic was not perfect.

There is nothing wrong with the meta being shaken up There’s nothing wrong with saying every single DPS speck is able to raid.

And they do comparable dps didn’t say better I said comparable Beside Me and a whole lot of other people see this it’s going to be dead by AQ.

Why are you so willing to bury your head in the sand and say I’m going to but you ignore all the bad.

And watch something die when the opportunity is there to try and make it fix the problems and make it great Is make wow great again.

If we’ve seen the problems in the past We saw what worked and what didn’t and for the record the worst parts of a wrath of the litchking quite frankly.

Literally could come down to 2 things One heroics were too easy Two Burn out in TOC If you did not have to do the 10 man versions of TOC for upgrade if you’re doing 25 man and the item levels were a little bit more.

Spread out Wrath of Litchking would have been regarded as a much better expansion the raids were solid.

TOC wasn’t awful quite frankly if people didn’t have to do it 4 times a week I think it would have been fine

ICC was amazing And yes obviously the other big problem was lfd Again things we can look back on and say OK that didn’t work out so we just don’t put it in.

First of all, what the hell is Ralph? I’ll try to assume that means Wrath. Please try proof reading what you write so that it can be taken seriously. Second, it was a bad expansion and the beginning of the game’s turn towards it’s massive population decline. It introduced community destroying elements which led to many people asking for classic expansions. It literally is the end of the classic era of the game and added more elements that hurt the game. The negatives highly outweigh the positives (what were the positives? The story lol? hint: it wasn’t the convoluted classes)

That’s neither here or there. People like you and others on this forum asking for “their version” of classic is the problem with WoW today. Too many cooks in the kitchen. Too many ideas. For once Blizzard is actually going into this with a design intent. Let’s let them try to actually realize that intent and see if it does well or not. If you disagree with that intent, then don’t play it. This is a fresh release of classic with some minor changes due to the accelerated timeline and “harder” raids. That’s it. It won’t be more, because there’s no need for it to be more.

4 Likes

Some of us want some slight balance and good changes so it wont die a quick death, so that we can continue to get official classic into the future.

Didn’t realize you had a crystal ball. Would you happen to be able to provide lotto numbers for me? How’s about waiting to see how this does. I didn’t realize there were so many game developers here. Clearly everyone knows what would make a great game and can predict the future SoM population without it even releasing through some non existent evidence.

1 Like