Who is more important? Stock owners or customers

I look around me and I see all these new posters… is this what it feels like to grow old? I just want to return to the good ol days of the first 3 weeks of SL, Random BGs. It was the most fun I’ve had in wow in a long time

Doesn’t appeasing customers drive sales which in turn appeases share holders?

Could you really appease the share holders without giving the customers what they want? If so, I’d be interested to know. If there’s some sort of black magic that can make a company that doesn’t please it’s customers increase in value then write about that.

Refer to my comment above.
Short term vs long term.

1. Cut development costs (likely at the expense of product quality) = increase in bottom line in the short term (usually backfires in the long run)

2. Invest in higher quality development (likely promoting product quality = decrease in short term bottom line; better product = happier/more customers = increase in bottom line long-term.

I basically tl:dr’d the whole thread thanks for the sum up.

I bet with the right sales spin you could make investors feel good about a long term strategy that pleases the customer as well.

1 Like

The stock owners are the most important for any company. However reasonably making customers happy may also benefit the stock holders.

1 Like

in the instance of this game? Stock Owners 100%. Acti Blizz doesn’t even need to deliver a good product and they make millions. They can disrespect and ignore their consumers, and said consumers will come back every time. Why would you prioritize them at all when you know they will pay you regardless of you do?

2 Likes

You are not a customer. You are a gamer. Different definitions, different terminology. Say what you want. sadly…:frowning:

You become a customer in their eyes when enough of you unsubscribe. You become a gamer again when enough of you re-subscribe. Welcome to the Activision-Blizzard Merge.

When it comes to corporations, the paying customer is more important than life itself. So if you are talking about boosting, gold selling, or anything of the like… All those parties are paying customers to blizzard/activision. Your experience doesn’t matter, but keeping you a paying customer is all that matters. Hence the carrot on a stick type of game design.

1 Like

Safe to say that as long as the stock owners are happy and there are still enough customers around, happy or not are all that matters.

That’s why you see things like horrible customer service and passive or interactions that include “self management” and even customers themselves doing some of the work. (IE, forums)

The higher ups don’t really care all that much as long as they can check a box on a project file or whatever as sometimes it’s better to simply say something is happening versus ensuring it’s “good” as that’s not cost effective or meaningful enough to matter.

I own stocks. I also buy things. I’m the most important person in the world. So both