Who is more important? Stock owners or customers

Writing a paper

This question requires POV.

The customer is always right!

It depends on the financial and cash position of the business. If the company has a healthy profit margin and strong operating cash flows it can finance its operations through the money it gets from customers (revenues) without needing investors (this is called ‘bootstrapping’)

If the company has low margins and does not have the cash to operate and cover its debts it is dependent on external financing. In this scenario the investor has a lot of power in the relationship and the company may prioritize investors over customers

3 Likes

^ copy pasta straight from investopedia :ok_hand:

1 Like

How else are you supposed to get through business school :relieved:

6 Likes

Quoting this

am more important

He quoted it from the internet so you may want to paraphrase it instead :sweat_smile:

I actually didn’t lol that’s just the correct answer to the question

1 Like

Rotshtien IS the internet- quoted

<3 lemme know if you need anything else

Except when they’re not

Like when Demi Lovotto yells at the FroYo shop because of their Sugar Free cookies?

1 Like

Ya that was pretty funny.

I understand her frustration though in some cases. Have you ever gone to a grocery store and tried to find yogurt that actually has fat in it?

Almost everything is fat free.

Closest thing I get to yogurt are Go-Gurts

Send it!! :crazy_face:

Short term model: Stockholders
Long term: Customers.
(General rule)

1 Like

blizzard is determined to find out what happens when you leash customers with behavioral science instead of ever making the pivot to catering to them

3 Likes

most ceo’s only care about qualifying for their bonus, improving the company’s overall value based on financial metrics, and generating demonstrable financial benefits to the company that can be used to justify more pay at other companies - the biggest metric being increases in share value

so they are inextricably tied together but your term ‘customers’ does a poor job identifying what that term would mean to a ceo, which would largely just be a statistic in the metrics

yeah there are exceptions but this is generally what you find and what they were hired to do specifically

noosa. its everywhere. and delicious