Who hurts wow more

I evened once, but I don’t think I can anymore. I’ll admit it’s literally been a while since I even attempted to even.

you sure are odd

1 Like

The game going against original design, probably hurts it the most. Followed by adding timers and difficulties (or lack thereof).

1 Like

That makes no sense. For your player power to randomly fluctuate in a videogame would just make playing unreliable. “Discovering” that your character is no longer useful would be an excellent reason for players who play for fun or competition to quit.

1 Like

but you would equally discover you are more useful. I think if mid season changes were kept to a minimum they could swing untrackable changes. Totally hypothetical since it would be a day or two of unknown before enough people compiled the exact %.

However if they had it on a 7 day cycle and each class performed slightly different based on different factors… lol maybe too much chaos for everyone in the loop.

This is false. The player who finds he is not useful isn’t going to say, “Oh, look they trashed my spec. I should keep playing even though I can’t do the content because maybe next year or the year after I’ll be OP. Or I could play a different class and maybe find without warning that I wasted time and money gearing up a character that is again, barely playable.”

The player whose hard work has gone to waste and whose time has been wasted has no way of knowing if he will ever become FOTM.

If the game is designed around screwing with players you’re going to have massive fallout.

Ladies and gentlemen.
We have found our answer …

Who hurts wow more?

The corporate meddling.

1 Like

There’s too many changes that occur during an expansion to get an accurate read on future spec performance.

Chasing a meta class seems like a group oriented tactic more than an individual one. 2800 as a top spec is the same as 2600 with a lesser, but hey even a rating # is enough to sway people from their own natural presence.

Who hurts WoW more? Simple the folk that make people think you either play a certain way or you’re bad, WoWhead isn’t helping matters there as they seem to support this. Then the Devs for promising things they soon after don’t give or god forbid they make fun of the wishes of their community

That’s why when devs are deliberately screwing with players, they have no way of making informed decisions, and they will quit and find another game rather than take a chance on the good possibility that their spec will be nerfed over and over again, and they will be expected to start all over again every danged time.

That’s nice. So you’re still saying that people should be satisfied playing with underperforming specs that aren’t fun, are clunky even just doing solo stuff in the world. Where you have to work harder than everybody else just to keep up, and hope that you don’t get nerfed even more next time.

There is no such thing as a “natural presence”. The game is designed by human beings, not developed organically through some sort of evolutionary process.

I don’t watch streamers.
I only go to wowhead because the quests can be bugged or the objectives don’t contain sufficient information.
I take long breaks from the forums as it’s hard to take them seriously.
It’s the developers for me. They have to take responsibility for the game, as it’s their work and decisions that shape the game.
Trying to shift that blame to others in Blizzard is attempting to evade that responsibility.

3 Likes

FF14 ?

/10 char

Ion Hasn’tgotaclues leadership

Oh so much this…

EBITA. We need better EBITA!!!@#!!@#!@# (even though it’s healthy by any rational metric).

Their carrot is the merger. Better the numbers, the more money they get. We, the plebs in all of this, are just that…plebs. Our opinions do not matter.

This is a very buggy xpac. I am not at all surprised. I don’t get upset by it anymore. Just roll with the punches.

The devs are just doing what they are told to do. Granted the quality has plummeted, but that is to be expected in many ways.

He just ruined the launch for some with grand standing circus act crap to get views.

Faerllina was going to go horde 99%+ anyway. Many alliance waited for him to pick his server in classic start. and then chose any 1 but that.

Streamers/youtubers are a plague upon the internet as a whole, not just an ancient mmo. Obviously some of them are okay, but some of these people have quite large followings and are able to lobby the government but for changes that they want to a video game lol.

Forums.
Many brain dead opinions.

The devs are the only ones that can hurt the game.

Put out good content, and the streamers say the content is good.
Put out bad content, and the streamers say the content is bad.

We know they don’t exactly listen to the forums, and WoWhead is the equivalent of watching the evening news.

But this is clearly bait from a low post alt who’s probably going to rant against streamers and gamer culture in general.

we heard blizzards reasoning for the removal. it was just to hard to balance and making a 20 man mythic mode would solve the problem. but. with that being said. the devs decision on the removal of 10 man raiding was the biggest failure and destruction this game as ever seen.

i had a real id full of people. my realm and alliance realm was filled to the gunnels with 10 man guilds. once this happened i would off the top of my head estimate maybe 1 out of every 500 maybe, 10 man guilds succeeded in staying together with more people in 20 man mythic.

my guild and everyone i know’s, guild, broke up. my real id now is empty with players that were not online for almost 8 years now. they hung around for a bit after 10man was removed but eventually quit.

when blizzard removed 10 man raiding they did not stand back and look at the whole picture. they did not see the repercussions this would have with the players. most 10 man guilds were close knit. f&f. and on top of that 1000 times less toxic than 25 man guilds. cause less (come and go) elitists that stir up crap.

well there is flex group / guild. yea that not good enough. 10 man guilds were getting end game gear when some bosses and raids were much harder on 10 man vs 25 man. now in flex they get gear not even close to end game. why bother.

i would say that the removal of 10 man raiding was the turning point in wow. and now almost a decade later we can see the true effects it applied to the game and population. it is not the only factor. but the biggest.

Without question.