Who do we have to beg for an update

Which AV

Why not both?

I bet they’ve worked on both while debating which one to use. It’s such a contentious point and there’s no benefit to choosing.

Old version: Run to AV and zone in. This would be “the” AV. The persistent, meta, for lack of a better word “real” AV.

New version: Queue for the skirmish version. This would be “an” AV, an instance. Think of it like how Orgrimmar and SoO can exist at the same time.

No reason why they can’t coexist.

Probably no chance in hell, but have you considered maybe making some sort of fancy progress bar for each area of the game that fills? For instance could have one for zones, NPC placement, quests, spells, dungeons. That sort of stuff.

2 Likes

The basic problem with that (and status reports in general) is who would update it?

Someone who’s actually doing development needs to take time away from development in order to tell someone else how done their development is. Even with the best management in the world, it always means reduced dev time. Any sort of persistent or repeated update means that Classic will release later; it’s unavoidable.

1 Like

Then the BG community for a server is divided into 4 parts (WSG/AB/ AVOld, AVNew) rather than 3 parts…

Even that might suddenly necessitate Xrealm BGs being a thing as a single server may not be able to sufficiently populate all 4 options.

Imo, run the old NPC heavy AV, and leave the modern zergfest garbage to retail wow. Keep classic pure and Xrealm free.

2 Likes

Not to sound like negative or ungrateful, but I kinda dislike every time a CM is responding, which it is really rare and even not existent on European forums, they are responding only with an attitude of everyone who will play Classic is interested in raiding or pve end-game.

I am more interested in how our journey will be in Azeroth, will we be separated, scattered on our journey with sharding so not to be able to create a strong community. Or will we be scared to talk in chat at a risk of some groups auto squelch us because they just dislike what we talk about. This kinda answers which effects the journey in Azeroth rather than the loot or the schedule on end-game, I am interested in.

Raiding and end-game so gearing up is a natural progression in the process of RP games, if you make or sound like end-game and raiding is the aim of Classic, we will make the same mistakes have been done which led to retail version. It is for me really disheartening CMs seems only interested in the end-game of Classic. I just want to show a different approach exists and I am also looking for some updates regarding the journey, thanks all, cya all in Azeroth.

P.S: This post was just a remark as I believe there is a proof that a CM is tracking this very post. You can disagree or agree but I am not going to discuss further, to make my point was the whole aim of my post, thanks!

4 Likes

Why? Onyxia was already working fine. What’s there to work on? Release a 1.12.x client, dust off the old servers and let’s get levelling. We don’t want the new API.

What version of Alterac Valley?
What are the server population caps?
Will BG’s be cross realm like in 1.12?
Will the nerf bat swing frequently like in the entirety of vanilla?
Will Dishonorable kills be a thing?

1 Like

I wish the Classic team could do one of the Q&As that the BFA team does with Ion and such.

So instead of Lore, maybe have one of the Classic Devs step in with Ion for some questions.

You’ll have to forgive the raiders. They’re so used to being spoiled that they’ve forgotten that anybody else has ever played the game.

1 Like

I don’t understand why you would even say this. Currently as it stands there is a sticky thread at the very top of these forums that has been there for months with 16 unanswered questions. Doesn’t take a genius to figure out. Hell you’re OWN people sticky the thread. Those are the particular topics people have been wanting to know for months now.

What are the job requirements for being a community manager for Blizzard?

1. Must have been a politician for at least four years.
  2. Must answer all questions with sever insincerity.
  3. Must be a master of linguistic parsing.
  4. Infirm or vague commitments
  5. Speaks to feelings without speaking to planned actions.
  6. Let others hear what they want to hear regardless of what was said.

Why is it so hard to get a question answered from you muppets? Seriously if you come onto these forums and and continue to post responses without any real substance. People will see you all for what you truly are, MUPPETS!

2 Likes

I must be getting old because I am more and more hoping that a blue comes on here and just goes off on people about whining.

“Look, the reason I’m not giving specifics is because if I do and there’s even the tiniest deviation from what I said there will be 10 million of you reposting it and calling me a liar. It’s a work in progress. P-R-O-G-R-E-S-S. When I have something definitive to report that I don’t have to worry about being shoved back in my face, then I’ll share it. Until that exact moment, and not a moment before, all I can say is SOON™.”

And to be honest, I wouldn’t blame whoever did it in the slightest. Most of the people in the Classic forum seem like pretty decent people regardless of the opinions they hold. The rest are probably the reason blues don’t want to be here at all.

1 Like

I can understand and respect where you’re coming from. However, there are numerous questions that have been asked with no answers that are extremely easy to answer and would be near impossible to go back on.

Like:

1. Will there be RP servers?
  2. Will there be a beta?

These are simple yes / no answers.

I don’t speak for everyone. But I would prefer to see some candid responses from Blizzard. Instead of the fluff we receive currently. I would love for them to put us peons in our place. Show some backbone Blizzard. Run your community, dont let it run you.

3 Likes

lol just lol

4 Likes

I have no idea on the second question, but the first one is a near mortal lock to be answered affirmatively. It might depend on how many servers there are at launch, but bank on at least one RP and one RP-PVP server.

That’s authentic Classic; they didn’t realize anyone else was playing the first time around either.

2 Likes

@bornakk you took the bait now please give us some answers. Early summer or late!

By the Light, the impatience and self-righteous senses of entitlement are gag-inducing. We were told the summer. It’s still February. If there’s no news by June, THEN you can start panicking. Otherwise, stop running around in circles and CHILL OUT.

I am from the future. In said future, forum posters are pointing at this thread as reasoning why blues do not respond. They say that all Bornakk had to do was to read the stickied post at the top of the classic forum to see the community compiled outstanding questions.

I must return to my time now, as I have a bagel in the toaster that is not going to lox itself.

2 Likes

Okay. So.

1. the tiers are time gated. Progressive itemization is a yes.
  2. BG;s will be available with the BWL patch or after BWL releases.
  3. They havent changed their answer to assume yes.
  4. No. Probably not. DM has a ton of better loot than MC so I dont see it being available immediately. it could tho, they didnt list DM.
  5. I would like to know this too. Hopefully an earlier version!
  6. That will be determined by who makes characters where… Good luck!

They did, in fact, list Dire Maul as part of the first content bucket.

Server population caps.

4 Likes