Who did the tuning on bdk threat?

And have they tried running a 15 key on a night fae blood dk?

Absolute garbage. I legit would rather go get some teeth pulled than tank another key on my night fae blood dk.

Just used deaths due and have no charges of blood boil? welp guess ill just stand around here while my key group gets hit by 5-6 mobs and builds stacks of sanguine as we move thru a gauntlet with nonstop spawning mobs.

So much fun telling people to wait 2 seconds for me to be able to drop deaths due so i can be able to cleave mobs.

Is this tuned with venthyr swarming mist/ necrolord slappy hands in mind? Is it tuned with the superstrain as the default legendary?

As someone who timed every key last season at 20 and half of them at 22 with pug groups, this isnt even fun. Total garbage class.

7 Likes

I’m finding all tanks losing threat occasionally. I’ll be up in a mobs face with BoS up and then they randomly turn and end me along with my dps. I see it happen to other melee too. I remember Blizzard made an adjustment to tank aggro near the end of last year.

There are many issues with BDK and the game in general at the moment:

1. BDK’s ability damage is just way too low. As a result you can’t hold aggro, especially on pull, very well in M+, even with two blood boils. It’s enough most of the time, but when you have a high octane fire mage bursting you can kiss your threat goodbye. In raid it’s even worse. I find myself doing just about half of the DPS my co-tank prot paladin does, and it makes taunt swap a pain.

2. Covenant abilities just aren’t very well designed. The original design of Death’s Due was much better, but they had to change it. Now it’s an ability with too much tied to it and you can’t use it as freely as you’d like (such as pulling something at range without wasting a rune on proc).

3 Likes

What’s incredible is they buffed blood DK ability damage by 5, 10, even 15% last year.

Damage and mitigation is still complete garbage.

2 Likes

Most tanks are having aggro issues, running with a hunter or rogue for misdirect/tricks is a blessing.

You’re running the wrong build, and the wrong legendary; you can only blame blizzard so much when your playing the classes sub-optimally. Blood DK is weak at the moment but there are still BDKs completing 22’s, you should be able to clear 15s without much hassle

1 Like

You’re running the wrong build, and the wrong legendary; you can only blame blizzard so much when your playing the classes sub-optimally. Blood DK is weak at the moment but there are still BDKs completing 22’s, you should be able to clear 15s without much hassle

We shouldn’t need to use a specific legendary in order to have sufficient threat or damage. That defeats the point of having a choice in which legendary to use.

5 Likes

Cry right to the bank because 9.1 when we will most likely be able to equip 2 legendarys we going from zeros to hero’s Boiz

That doesn’t mean that running a legendary with a poor effect, either for what the OP wants to do or just in general, shouldn’t still be a poor choice. To be clear, they appear to be running a legendary that according to Mandl is on the “do not craft list” for Blood, and says:
"underwhelming. 8% haste never really did anything for us in BfA, and Shadowlands is no different."

The point of choice is also defeated when all choices are fine, and thus don’t matter. It’s not that multiple choices can’t be used, it’s that OP is unfortunately using an absolutely terrible one.

Right, agreed. Among the various legendaries, it’s a poor choice. What does this have to do with threat?

You’re running the wrong build, and the wrong legendary; you can only blame blizzard so much when your playing the classes sub-optimally.

Running the “right” legendary is not the solution to low damage / threat issues. We can absolutely blame Blizzard for this.

The point of choice is also defeated when all choices are fine, and thus don’t matter.

All choices being fine, doesn’t mean that they don’t matter. As an example, one legendary could excel at single target, and another at multi-target. Both could be considered fine, but obviously the choice still matters. Based on the diversity of legendary effects, one can infer that this is the sort of choice that Blizzard is intending.

2 Likes

I think the implied point was that the OP is likely not playing optimally, and that their threat issues are user error, not spec based, based on very large errors like a “do not craft” legendary, and talent choices. Their complaint doesn’t even come across as a matter of “Blood threat is low,” but that they don’t feel they have enough tools for AoE threat. And that’s just wrong when Blood has two charges of Blood Boil on a 7.5 second CD affected by Haste, DnD on a 30 second CD with procs to bring it off CD, and spammable Heart Strike most of the time. It sounds like they just aren’t utilizing their tools, and are probably spamming their abilities when they don’t need to, instead of holding them for the next pack where they know they need them.

Blood really doesn’t have threat issues on the whole, no tank really does. Prot Warriors have the worst threat output of all the tanks right now, and even they’re fine. Worst case scenario is something I’ve seen happen to all tanks in M+, and that’s DPS just going full wumbo AoE before a tank has really gathered a pack. Even then, 2-3 seconds later the tanks snap threat back, and it’s never an issue on that pack again.

1 Like

This game has multiple ways to play: arena, rbgs, dungeons, low-keys, high-keys, raiding from normal-mythic prog even with each boss having unique mechanics which might cause different things to be valued. You can’t just be S+ tier in every category as a base class otherwise it would be broken, so they make talents and legendaries to help you deal with particular content that you choose to play. Blood DK struggles with keeping threat against high burst classes in multi-target, but thats why they have a legendary to help them with it.

If you’re running the wrong talents and legendaries then complaining that you are struggling with a particular type of content thats user error. Blood DK’s are completing +22s with boomy mage hunter combos which means threat isn’t an issue.

Try using the “bad” talents that add buttons, i found that usually makes the truely awful classes tolerable. IDK why blizzard consistently makes the best choices so f’ing boring

The threat is fine the problem is we are the only tank that has ramp up. Ramp up on a tank is a terrible idea. But once everything is down the threat is fine.

4 Likes

what legendary is going to significantly buff blood?

as opposed to DPS getting 2 legendaries and taking a far bigger leap than blood will in terms of DPS to TPS

I think our best raw damage leggo combos would be…

Brynadors+deaths certainty. ST.
And…
Super Strain+crimson Rune Weapon/maybe the explodey zombie proc for AoE.

Pretty unimpressive choices comparitiveley to other class leggos. :frowning:

yeah double legendaries will help Blood defensively but the issue the OP is talking about will only get worse if every dps also gets 2 legendaries.

Since when is addressing either a known problem or perceived problem with talents or legendaries or traits or anything else a problem? Thats what they are there for.

A lot of these complaints is akin to saying “I shouldnt have to get hit to hit the target” “I shouldnt have to get defense rating and get avoidance capped to tank” and its pretty sad and I think everyone is getting tired of hearing it.

Blame the tool and not the user is a bad mentality.

Two legendaries will make Blood more tolerable, but the problems are still largely the same, bad aggro issues and paper thin armor.
This can only be solved by actual baseline buffs than legendary options.

4 Likes

Sounds like you know how to solve the issue, but prefer to complain. I play a BDK and am a necrolord. There is a reason for the covenant.