Who asked for this? Please an insight on your reward logic

Just take on consideration that future new and returning players will have to wait there for hours for a respawn, now even if it respawn and nobody is killing it, the rare will despawn for another 2-3 hour respawn timer…Its locking players in AFK gameplay, you can’t do other things if you really want X/Y cosmetic from this kind of rares.

This kind of change should be provided to the community with an Insight from a Reward Dev…nobody in the community asked for this.

Its like going backwards regarding rewards and a lack of communication about this kind of topics.

40 Likes

Nobody is doing them in ZC anyway.
I’ve not been to FR for months so not sure about that one.

With the current catchup and gearing there is little reason to go to either place now.

Those server resources are better spent elsewhere.
If someone shows up then I’m sure they have a trigger in place to serve up a rare.

If not then it’s old school rare camping.
Not like all of us haven’t spent hours/days/years camping a single rare.

Then add a bad luck protection at least…this just make things worse for any collector comming back to the game or new one. The game shouldn’t be wait hours in a spot for an alert meanwhile you’re working, watching something or playing other game. It should be more interactive. Also, We don’t have any insight if this was pushed because server performance…

12 Likes

I hunted Vorakem Doomspeaker since late cata for the Bloody rare achievement for 10 years. Finally got it 9 months ago.

A couple hours isn’t going to hurt anyone.

1 Like

i have no idea why blizzard seems so hellbent on making sure zaralek cavern is a worthless zone. hell its not even relevant anymore and they’re still making sure anyone who maybe wanted to go there is rightfully punished.

Maybe its like that wiley coyote movie and they’re trying to use it as a tax write-off or something.

17 Likes

It does seem rather strange.

The message has been for people to go elsewhere in regards to this zone shortly after it launched. At this rate, future DF players will have little reason to consume the content.

I don’t get it.

2 Likes

That shouldn’t equate to “let’s make it worse.”

They should be left alone for spawns and just nerfed to soloable.

12 Likes

It’s not engaging content…you should be playing the game instead of waiting for an alert afk while doing other things.

5 Likes

After the time investments I made in getting the Time Lost Protodrake and Bloody Rare, I have a hard time caring that someone might have to wait an hour or two to kill rare in ZC.

Not to mention, they can’t be soloed by many classes anyway. And the ones who can solo them will then turn around to find the next rare they wanted is now despawned.

4 Likes

They just really want no one to play Zaralek content. Been that way from about four days into it.

4 Likes

No one cares about decade old content that you can solo. These are despawning in current content that can’t be soloed.

Logic, please.

11 Likes

Pretty sure you are right.
Other than farming spores and loamm rep there is very little reason to go there.

Only like 2 of the rares, I believe drop a pet or mount.
And those are recolors of that skate/stingray thing.

There is no achievement for killing them all that I know of.

No rep, no gear, or very very small chance, very little gold.

The reasons just aren’t there.
That is why nobody bother with them

1 Like

So reducing the spawn rate is a nonissue in your opinion.

Fair enough, but other players may have a differing opinion. I think what they’ve been doing in regards to this small piece of the world is odd behavior on their part.

9 Likes

10 rares achievement, 3 pets, 3 toys, 2 mounts, 2 manuscripts, and an entire gear set that’s a different color which only comes from treasures and rares.

So you’re wrong.

8 Likes

It is odd behavior.
Most companies would not spend the time and resources to do this.
Seems like office politics to me.
Why else wreck this whole zone in a matter of days?

Literally the only reasons to go there is to farm rep for regular flying and farm spores for dracothysts.

…and that’s it.

2 Likes

Just remove the zone if you dont want us to be there.

4 Likes

trust the developers to do their job.

Yes, I am.
There is “Adventurer of Zaralek Cavern” for killing 10 of the rares.

Start a rare killing group and go get them you want.

Very few, if any, could do Bloody Rare at level in outland solo.

2 Likes