Who’s coming back

honestly? me, but only because im getting that itch for both the combat system and the RP with people.

though depending on what WrA has i might just jump from MG to here.

1 Like

I’ll subscribe for a month, sure.
If only to solidify my claim and keep “Thokk” as an active name.

2 Likes

BugsbunnysayingNo.png

I am once again begging you Blizzard for Ogres

I mean, we have the Kul’tiran models, and the new Rexxar model is a slightly altered Kul’tiran ‘rig’.

It’s very doable. Shorten the legs, broaden the belly, have one- and two-headed options instead of genders and bang, we got 'em.

1 Like

obligatory topical comment

3 Likes

I’m a huge aesthetic person. I remained a WoD defender for longer than I’d like to admit simply because the art team absolutely nailed every aspect of that expansion. I also happen to be a giant dragon nerd.

So it’s safe to say they have my attention with the potential, we just have to see if they can keep it.

2 Likes

Hello there.

World of Warcraft’s combat was never interesting for me. When I fight someone, I want to use my brain to create complex new ways of using what I have at my disposal to beat my opponent, instead I was met with a combo simulator which probably has given more people carpal tunnels then cookie clicker

This is what I would need to consider coming back:

Wise NPC: “Greetings, adventurer! We are glad to see you have survived the Shadowlands. And to think, what you experienced there was but a mere GLIMPSE into the infinite mystery that lies beyond the veil.”

“Yes, I will repeat myself for I am old and wise and therefore one could even take my word as official or perhaps even canon; those four (or five or six or whatever, same difference) meager areas you witnessed were barely a fraction of the myriad of realms that await all the various cultures and belief systems that we have not only seen on our own planet and history but also throughout the known and unknown races across the Twisting Nether!”

“Of course, I don’t need to explain this to YOU, adventurer! Haha, can you imagine the hubris of limiting one’s mind to only four (or five or six or whatever) possible realms that wait for those of us who pass beyond? I know I sure can’t! I wonder why I even felt like I had to say it out loud but there it is, for anyone who might have wondered. Well, anyway, here is 6,000 infused MacGuffinite for your new Magic Underpants you are leveling!”

Just one NPC. Just somewhere in game. I think after over a decade that is not a very big ask and I don’t think I am the only one it would make a difference to.

7 Likes

I said I’d come back if we got scalies.

I’m gonna wait until it comes out to see if it’s actually worth playing, and for Shadowlands to get rolled into the base bundle because I refuse to pay for that standalone, but otherwise I am nothing if not a man of my word.

1 Like

I have seen nothing that makes me want to return so far, gameplay-wise or RP-wise. If I were to come back at this point, it would not be for the RP anymore. So, we’ll see how the gameplay works out.

Still think the new dragon race is really dumb looking though. In both forms. Also, why make a dragon class if it can’t also tank and melee? What sort of dragon would never get up close and use its jaws, tail, and claws in a fight? That just baffles me. I think it’s great to have a range/healing class, but this could have easily filled all 4 roles without much hassle.

2 Likes

no naga and not even a single mention of azshara i am over it already this expansion is crap and i am going to roll a bunny girl instead

huff huff stomp stomp grumble grumble

I am playing because there is nothing else on the market right now that interests me. The LoL MMO can’t get here fast enough.

(post deleted by author)

I never really left because I’m an idiot and pay for a six month sub because the illusion of saving two dollars vs just buying a monthly sub and unsubscribing during the periods I’m not playing would actually save me more money.

Anyway I plan to play, I always like to explore and do new content but the end game will what will determine if I stick around for the long term. I honestly only kept playing Shadowlands as long as I did because the pandemic hit and I haven’t left my home in two+ years now.

This would be great because honestly that was what I had fun with when I played classic for a hot minute last year. Really felt like an open world RPG, a little bit like playing an older RPG that is a little clunky but you can still enjoy it for what it is. It’s like Morrowind or Arcanum but without the glitches and bugs to exploit. Even though I was playing on a “dead” server and “dead” faction, there was quite a bit of people leveling in places like the Barrens and Hillsbrad that made things more vibrant and fun.

I do dislike the current set up for the game which just tries to funnel everyone towards M+, raiding and arenas as the only thing you can do at max level. I do like the direction they went a bit with Zereth Mortis and allowing you to create and craft mounts as an end game activity but its still focused primarily on getting you gear to raise your gear point by 2 so you can do 2% more damage than before.

My friend returned for a brief moment in Legion having played up to Wrath and said it best, said the game felt more like it was made up of chores you had to do to be able to play the “real” game. Which was only raiding, PVP and M+ and to be viable for that content you had to do all these chores on a consistent basis to a point that you could just play other games without having the baggage of doing chore content to be relevant.

So anyway, I’ll play the new expansion and explore zone content and leveling, I always like that stuff. Maybe the build your own dragon content will be fun to work towards with cool customizations and fun transmog to collect. I’m hopeful for professions as that’s another aspect of the game I like to do.

Yet if it continues the same formula that BfA and SL has been doing with every patch introducing a new currency you need to grind in order to upgrade your gear by blah blah points I don’t think I will stick around long term. Maybe if the narrative is better or RP is flourishing but I’ve barely stuck it out for Zereth Mortis. Got my flying and then just stopped because I can’t be bothered to finish the storyline because my apathy is too much

2 Likes

dragonflight doesn’t look like my kind of thing and the release of an expansion (or the hype train leading up to it) does nothing to assuage my concerns about all the controversies coming out of blizzard’s offices over the last year or so.

1 Like

Never left :wink:

1 Like

Meh. I probably will, just to give everything a try. But I was not overly enthused with the expansion reveal.

3 Likes

My reaction pretty much echoes Kinarra haha.

I mean, I’m cautiously optimistic. I recognise my muted reaction might be due to just HOW jaded Shadowlands has made me. Dragons are interesting. They’re not like my favourite thing, but they’re cool. I like the idea of an exploration based expansion - the Reliquary and Explorers league leading the charge could feel good in terms of Azeroth-relevance, but without all the war stuff. The new race and class looks nifty, I’ll probably make one and give it a shot. But I can’t say anything about the reveal made me “hyped” as such. Like hell, even the Shadowlands trailer got me SO excited. This time I just sorta went “okay yeah I guess that has potential”. Closest thing to a “feeling” I had was relief that we’re at least back in Azeroth. Maybe I just don’t want to be let down again, idk.

So yeah, I’ll come back. Not gonna overcommit myself and try to start a guild again anytime soon, but I’ll come back and hang out.

3 Likes