Whizbang Spawning Fixed

Nice. Hope they do a better job for the next 10 year anniversary of Hearthstone.

2 Likes

This is a great fix.

1 Like

Now only if we can tag it before it dies due to lag…

4 Likes

I wanted to do that too, but these portals don’t appear for me. I don’t even know who we’re fighting because unfortunately I was denied access.

Pick the spot with the least players. That’s what I’m gonna do.

4 Likes

Lag will probably decrease because now people will be scattered between all 3 locations, not stacked in only one anymore.

3 Likes

Valdrakken is heavily sharded and pretty stable, that’s going to be my choice!

4 Likes

my choice as well

yeah thats how it works now

If it gets worse than this in 10 years the coders don’t need to go back to school, they need a new career.

1 Like

Thanks for doing this as it should really help with the lag now that we got (3) portals to choose from! :smiley:

1 Like

Good change but people will try to min/max this depending on which locations get more people. Should just make it spawn in Valdrakken but in random spots in the city.

no one else seen random spawns? had an Dur spawn on the hour, then about 10 mins later i tele to Vald, and rarscanner goes off. 18:17:16- portal detected. Hes up there. fly up, and sure enough. i doubt he just sat there for 17 mins on a full server untouched when org was lag central and people were unable to tag

1 Like

should just change it so that portals spawn every five minutes - then there will be no need for min-maxing

2 Likes

Got one at the top of the hour in Durotar. Then one in SW about quarter after.

Personally I’m fine with that if it is constant. Then I can get at least two each hour.

Yesterday it was doing something similar during the day, but in the middle of the night it was only at the top of the hour cycling.

You don’t even need a group.

1 Like

True, but I’ve been the sort to take advantage of shard hopping to increase my chances of receiving the loot I want.  Bit of a nasty transition with a 50-50 chance of disconnecting, however, and group leaders have been known to crash because of the number of invites.  One can only hope that something can be done to stabilize the process.

Too late idc about your lil event.

When I saw this thread I was like “what the heck is a Whizbang; do I dare to enter the thread and find out?”

Oh, it’s the name of the event boss. :woman_facepalming:

Thank you for the change! :grinning:

It’s been a long day at work as you can see.

1 Like

They still arent spawning all at the same time. I just killed one and then joined another group with the timer still going. And on the last kill I got no loot at all.