White/ black screen on start

Hello, so I just resubscribed today since I want to play shadowlands, but for the 1st time WoW won’t start, I either get a black or white screen and am unable to play. I was just wondering if anybody knew a possible fix to this since I was really looking foward to playing again

Hey Ragetalon,

Welcome back! First off lets make sure the system you are using meets the requirements for Shadowlands. If it does make sure you are fully updated in the OS and for your graphics drivers.
If you are fully updated we are going to try launching the game with different DirectX settings
Open the Battle.net App.
Click the Battle.net button and Settings. Select Game Settings.
Under World of Warcraft, check the box for Additional Command Line Arguments.
Type: -d3d11
You will want to try this with -d3d12, -d3d11legacy

If you continue to see the white screen go ahead and submit a ticket with your system files attached so our support agents can take a look.

2 Likes

Thanks but it still does it , It’s okay I’ll just have to save up for a better computer. it’s just weird because it was working with Shadowlands on launch day.

I was just really looking forward to playing, well at least there’s still Classic :slight_smile: thank you for the timely response and help, I appreciate it.

1 Like