Whisper / invite bug

ever since the SoD phase 2 update sometimes when you whisper or invite people it says they are not online, but they 100% are. & its more often than sometimes… its ALOT and its screwing over a lot of people as far as finding groups go and stuff. PLZ FIX IT…
PS. this is classic era. & its not just me thats having this problem, its server wide, everyone complains about it in game. but apparently im the only one taking it to the forums. i THINK it has something to do with weather or not the person is in a dungeon or not vs you not being in a dungeon, but im not sure. alls i know is this bug is obnoxious asf. and is really hurting people who are trying to get groups.

7 Likes

[quote=“Boostieboi-blaumeux, post:1, topic:1819282, full:true”]
ever since the SoD phase 2 update sometimes when you whisper or invite people it says they are not online, but they 100% are. & its more often than sometimes… its ALOT and its screwing over a lot of people as far as finding groups go and stuff. PLZ FIX IT…
PS. this is classic era. & its not just me thats having this problem, its server wide, everyone complains about it in game. but apparently im the only one taking it to the forums. i THINK it has something to do with weather or not the person is in a dungeon or not vs you not being in a dungeon, but im not sure. alls i know is this bug is obnoxious asf. and is really hurting people who are trying to get groups.

its annoying fix it blizzard

2 Likes

It is annoying and makes it difficult to form pick up raids and groups.

The bug is as follows :
You will receive a message saying “Player-Server is currently not online.” when you try whispering someone who is already in an instance (dungeon, raid, battleground). I’m not certain if it occurs when trying to whisper players from all servers or just those from Whitemane.

Observed on Classic Era servers.

2 Likes

this needs to be fixed and also c’thun is tweeking out again on dark glare!

2 Likes

Original thread complaining about this problem from 24 days ago:

1 Like

Super annoying issue. We are paying customers fix this. Wtf

1 Like

i got the same issue.

2 Likes

same. fix it up please. super annoying bug. trade bug is Super annoying too tho.

1 Like

fix it blizz what the hell we payin you for lazy mf’s

We know you’re focusing on releasing the new expac for retail. You have retail and classic teams. Make the classic team fix this issue.

Don’t expect them to fix anything quick, Blastwave has had a broken animation since Hardcore release. They might get around to fixing it in 2034

Please just fix this stupid bug.

please fix thank you for your hard work

please fix

/please fix
<3

If this were some sod bug/issue, it would be fixed in mere minutes.

sad that this hasn’t even been acknowledged as a bug by blizzard yet in the month it’s been around for now. the last time we had this whisper bug, blizz fixed it in a week

if you are reading it blizz, to replicate the bug:
both players should be on a different realm in the same cluster of era servers.
1 player should be inside a raid instance, the other outside in the world.
try to whisper eachother.

please fix… its really annoying to do raid invites for example, if someone can’t whisper you ingame

there seems to be a temp fix at the moment, if you cannot whisper someone due to them being in an instance etc, you can add the person to your friends list ( remember to type out server name as well in case theres multiple people with that name ) and the whisper will go through

I really thought this would be resolved by now, it’s effecting everyone so I didn’t report. Please acknowledge the issue.

1 Like

Please fix this - its been weeks - we are paying customers too