Whirlwind Axe, Mace, or Sword for Human Warrior?

If i am a human warrior is it worth it to get the mace / sword over the axe? I know the axe is overall better but with the human mace / sword specilization bonus i was wondering if those are better for humans.

Well yeah Mace is nearly as slow as the axe so yeah the racial does help you hit your targets better with it.

Could be worth. The sword is just too fast though.

It depends on your spec.

If you’re 2h Fury, the sword is best.
If you’re Arms, the mace is best.
If you’re Arms, but not human, the axe is best.

7 Likes

iv heard even if ur 2h fury the slowest wep is better which would be the axe. Also need to consider once I hit 40 i will be switching from fury to arms spec to use mortal strike, and will most likely still use this weapon deep into my 40s.

Just spec with whatever ur best weapon is. After 20-25% crit without talents I would go sword spec (can use hand of justice trinket as well).

Im talking about like the human passive racial which increases swords and maces by +5

The correct answer is orc.

8 Likes

Weapon skill isn’t that big of a deal while leveling. The main benefit of weapon skill at 60 is reducing damage lost to glancing blows. You shouldn’t be fighting mobs that cause glancing blows while leveling.

Still I would probably take the mace. The 5 weapon skill is still worth something like .2 hit and .2 crit which is probably enough to make it better. Honestly I would just pick the one you like the look of the most.

1 Like

Axe is the best weapon if you are going Arms, which I recommend.

https://www.warcrafttavern.com/talent-calculator/?talent=11215875_1_82031502135201g5zh till level 39.

Respec at 40, https://www.warcrafttavern.com/talent-calculator/?talent=11215875_1_80332502135201d31zj

Level 59 https://www.warcrafttavern.com/talent-calculator/?talent=11215875_1_80332502135201d3155c0131004x

and at 60 respec to w/e u want. You want to be lvling with the best weapon u have so I wouldn’t take any weapon specs talents until 60. Gg have fun.

1 Like

If I play my gnome warrior, I’ll likely go 2H whatever. I think a sword or axe would be awesome for a gnome, but a hammer just doesn’t seem my style for a gnome.

Axe, even if you’re a human.

3 Likes

I’m pretty sure slam wasn’t normalized so the axe is best at that level. If you can afford it, The Pacifier was a BoE 2h Mace you could get off the AH with a speed of 4.00 that only requires level 32. Pendulum of doom at 39.

Definitely the axe even if human, although I wouldn’t bother with this axe as alliance due to the bone biter axe being just around the corner and much easier to obtain.

Reason for the axe is axe specialization in arms is just incredibly good.

1 Like

If you’re 2H fury you don’t get enough talent points to spec into sword specialization which is the only thing that would make the sword a better pick over mace as a human.

It’s Ohshift said but not quite.

As human:
2H Fury, axe is really good but I like mace for extra hit personally
Arms, mace or axe tbh very close

I would like to add the stun chance for mace specialization is fantastic for survivability solo questing as a warrior and can make 2H tanking a breeze in dungeons.

Not human:
Arms, axe

Also you might get lucky in ulda and grab a stoneslayer or rockpounder both of which would be an upgrade at 44.

You just necro’d a 4 year old thread to give bad information…

9 Likes

weapon skill is massive if ur fighting things above ur level

1 Like

Mace is fine with your +5 weapon skill.

Arguably better for leveling since you will far more likely land hits against mobs your level or higher.

1 Like

No you just think it’s bad information because you have zugzug brain and you’re thinking purely about highest dps and nothing else, whereas I was giving tips based on leveling convenience and general survivability for HC servers.

The fact is mace has almost the same dps as axe on human but way more leveling convenience (hitting more) and survivability (mace stun spec).

Sure it’s not good for end-game but levels 35-45 it’s beast and you could even take it into your early 50’s with very little dps decrease. You saying any of this is bad information just shows me you don’t have the experience to consider anything that might be better overall for a playstyle if, god forbid, it’s 1dps less than meta.