Which Whirlwind weapon?

Okay, so I’ve finally started the quest for this thing, and I realized:

I have no idea which one to take.

Most likely going to be Arms/Prot, cuz tanking, and I like prot. So my question is, which one of the three weapons would best suit me. I don’t have Axe, Mace, or Sword spec yet, nor do I have one-handed spec. I’m tempted to go for the axe, just because it looks the best. but I’m not sure it’d be the best for me. Anyone have any advice?

Since you’re human, you have +5 to swords…

BUT, everyone takes the Axe :smiley:

Your call. But the AXE is COOL.

EDIT:
The axe is the slowest, too at 3.6. The mace is 3.4 and the sword is 2.9, and the axe has highest top end dmg!

So, aside from the weapon skill, there’s virtually no difference between them? Or is one better for tanking, and another is better for something else?

Axe, it’s been a while but it had to do with top end + the 5% crit on axe spec you get.

Because in no situation is the Axe the lesser choice.

1 Like

All I’m seeing is glory to the axe…

and I honestly cannot disagree.

1 Like

It’s a great weapon. Lasted me until level 43 when I bought an Executioner’s Cleaver on the AH. And I still see a bunch of level 50’s running around with it on.

Axe is the clear winner unless you’re a human. If you are, you want the mace. You’re losing a few points of top end damage, but the weapon skill is worth it. You know a human warrior is bad when he took the axe. Orcs obviously get the best deal here, but get screwed later on because post 60, most of the best weapons are swords, not axes. (dalrends, quel, thunderfury, bonereaver, untamed blade, etc) AV 2h is also a mace. Blizzard couldn’t be bothered to give the HORDE, with ORCS, an axe on the reward. They just copy/pasted the alliance weapon over to horde, and said “that’ll do.”

“Horde gets OP racials for PvP and still find something to complain about, typical.”
-Necros a 3 year old thread to type dumb crap.

“Oh I see.”
-I think you may want to visit an eye doctor.

Horde gets OP racials for PvP and still find something to complain about, typical.

1 Like

Three years and that whine still has not aged well.

2 Likes

Also, nobody seemed to mention that if you’re Alliance, you have an SM quest that rewards Bonebiter (https://classic.wowhead.com/item=6830/bonebiter) so… time to pick up those Classic Era warriors!

Imgur

Oh I see. Manderville got in an argument with Drain and literally went back to a post 3 years old to try and fight back.

:rofl:

1 Like